Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Why????? Do some searching and ask yourself if you want a noisy smoker that will vibrate like a paint shaker and will guarantee you a spot a the VERY back of any trail run you go on. Also consider the additional work your TJ will need to accommodate a nearly 850LB (fully dressed) motor over the front axle. Don't forget about emmissions/inspections if your state equires them.

There are better swap options out there....

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
sduncan said:
Why????? Do some searching and ask yourself if you want a noisy smoker that will vibrate like a paint shaker and will guarantee you a spot a the VERY back of any trail run you go on. Also consider the additional work your TJ will need to accommodate a nearly 850LB (fully dressed) motor over the front axle. Don't forget about emmissions/inspections if your state equires them.

There are better swap options out there....
U can make a diesel not smoke. Just IMO looks cool when Ur pouring out smoke going up a rock. And if they tried to pass me in a line I could guarantee that vehicle will have a little coal up its side and in drivers face. But anyway! I think a 6 bt would be ba a lot of work but definitely fun!

·
Registered
321 Posts
U can make a diesel not smoke. Just IMO looks cool when Ur pouring out smoke going up a rock. And if they tried to pass me in a line I could guarantee that vehicle will have a little coal up its side and in drivers face. But anyway! I think a 6 bt would be ba a lot of work but definitely fun!

Ok I'll play.....wanna bet?? See my signature...:D

·
Registered
321 Posts
Just messing with ya....no worries. What I meant was that I doubt that a 4BT will pass me anywhere since I've completed my Hemi conversion, i.e the statement of "see my signature".

All in fun my friend.. no sweat..

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
sduncan said:
Just messing with ya....no worries. What I meant was that I doubt that a 4BT will pass me anywhere since I've completed my Hemi conversion, i.e the statement of "see my signature".

All in fun my friend.. no sweat..
Ok a hemi would be cool too!

·
Registered
144 Posts
4bt IMO. 6bt would just be too heavy.

btw.....probably gonna do the hemi swap into mine on down the road, but I do work mainly on diesel engines @ work (or at least act like I do) and the 4bt would have enough torque to jerk a house off it's foundation. Also not too sure when I have ever won a race in my jeep...especially on the trail.

and one more side note........pour some coal!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
588 Posts
6bt can be done

6BT Turbo Cummins Wrangler TJ - YouTube

But better off in a 4bt, even though it will still put you in the back of the pack, not because of the power or speed, but because of the sound and smoke.
This guy lives somewhere near me, I saw this rig at a local jeep show and I can tell you the video does not do it justice. This thing drew a big crowd around it all day. I think I saw it for sale on CL for $50000

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I have had both Dodge gas and Diesel trucks.

At a stop light, a little old lady with a shopping cart will beat you across the line.........But give me a hill, and she is all mine!

The Dodge Diesels don't smoke, you are thinking of the school bus powered Fords pick-ups.

How you gonna connect a diesel to a Jeep? mechanically and electrically?

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,424 Posts
4BT would be the best choice, both from size and weight. They can be set up to make plenty of power, and still get you into the 20s for mpg. They'll make plenty of low end grunt for whatever you need to do.

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,424 Posts
Both axles I'd imagine, especially if you've got a D35 in the rear.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
crallscars said:
I have had both Dodge gas and Diesel trucks.

At a stop light, a little old lady with a shopping cart will beat you across the line.........But give me a hill, and she is all mine!

The Dodge Diesels don't smoke, you are thinking of the school bus powered Fords pick-ups.

How you gonna connect a diesel to a Jeep? mechanically and electrically?
Anyways....

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts