Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
asked Qudratrac if it would fit under the driver seat of my 2015 Jeep Freedom and this was their reply.

This will fit your model year with the following exceptions: Please note if your Wrangler is equipped with the fold and tumble front seat the mechanism will prevent this product from working on your vehicle. Also The Bestop Underseat Lock Box is not compatible with Jeep vehicles equipped with an under-seat electrical box.

Did any of you guys run into this situation and were you able to get it installed even with the issues mentioned above? I'm not really sure what a 'fold and tumble front seat' is. And I don't recall seeing an under-seat electrical box on the driver side.

Also, if you did get one of these to work, how do you like it?

·
Administrator
16,969 Posts
Aren't all 2 door seats "fold & tumble"???
That was my understanding and why the 2 doors can't use the under seat boxes. Shame because my wife wants/needs one in hers.

·
Registered
669 Posts
It will fit a four-door Jeep 2015 but it will not fit a two door Jeep 2015. The role and tumble Seat that it is speaking of is a two door.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It will fit a four-door Jeep 2015 but it will not fit a two door Jeep 2015. The role and tumble Seat that it is speaking of is a two door.
I wonder if it will fit on the driver side if you don't use the tumble seat feature, because it's so difficult to get in the back from the drivers side that I always have my son get in on the passenger side anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,657 Posts
I wonder if it will fit on the driver side if you don't use the tumble seat feature, because it's so difficult to get in the back from the drivers side that I always have my son get in on the passenger side anyway.

No it won't. From Bestop's page:

"Notes
Will NOT fit 2007 or 2011-current Wrangler 2 door models due to change in factory seat construction. This lockbox is compatible with 2008-2010 2-door models.
The 42640-01 WILL fit 2011-Current Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited 4-door, but a simple additional installation step might be required. Please see installation instructions.

2007-2010: Fits JK 2-Door and JK Unlimited 4-door without interference.
2011-Current: Will fit JK Unlimited 4-door, with one extra installation step. Will NOT fit JK 2 door.
Please note if your Wrangler is equipped with the fold and tumble front seat the mechanism will prevent this product from working on your vehicle. Also The Bestop Underseat Lock Box is not compatible with Jeep vehicles equipped with an under-seat electrical box."

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm going to get the console box also, I just thought the under seat box would be nice to add functional secure space but it's unfortunate that it won't work.
It IS a bummer that the underseat lockboxes won't fit the 2 door JKs - only the 2 door has the fold-n-tumble seat for back passenger access. With all the bracketry under there, there's zero room for anything else!

Although we use about 100 different key codes (for security) all Tuffy products can be keyed-alike, no matter how many you have!

https://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-299-jk-2011-security-console-insert.aspx

https://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-195-jk-security-glove-box.aspx

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Although we use about 100 different key codes (for security) all Tuffy products can be keyed-alike, no matter how many you have!
I've been wondering about this! Is there a way to order them from a vendor with matching locks/keys, or must they be ordered from Tuffy directly to get them like this?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've been wondering about this! Is there a way to order them from a vendor with matching locks/keys, or must they be ordered from Tuffy directly to get them like this?
When our dealers buy them for stock, they get all randomly numbered locks. It would be a miracle if they had two that "happened" to be keyed alike! They can, however, still get you keyed-alike products - they'll just have us at Tuffy change out the locks. (There's a service fee for the time to unbox, disassemble, rekey, reassemble, and rebox)
Another option would be to get the products, and then just order ONE lock to replace one of them yourself!
Check in with the dealers here - they'll get you a great price and you'll be locked up. :)

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
When our dealers buy them for stock, they get all randomly numbered locks. It would be a miracle if they had two that "happened" to be keyed alike! They can, however, still get you keyed-alike products - they'll just have us at Tuffy change out the locks. (There's a service fee for the time to unbox, disassemble, rekey, reassemble, and rebox)
Another option would be to get the products, and then just order ONE lock to replace one of them yourself!
Check in with the dealers here - they'll get you a great price and you'll be locked up. :)
Great, thank you!!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
That's a great idea! Thanks!

Mark

·
GO STEELERS !
2,165 Posts
My bestop lock was garbage. Would just spin with the key and often got hung up. Finally just removed their lock and installed one from home depot. 7 bucks and the headache is gone !!

·
Registered
13 Posts
2007-2010: Fits JK 2-Door and JK Unlimited 4-door without interference.
2011-Current: Will fit JK Unlimited 4-door, with one extra installation step. Will NOT fit JK 2 door.
Please note if your Wrangler is equipped with the fold and tumble front seat the mechanism will prevent this product from working on your vehicle. Also The Bestop Underseat Lock Box is not compatible with Jeep vehicles equipped with an under-seat electrical box."
OK, What is the under seat electrical box referenced? I have a 2016 Unlimited Hard Rock on the way. part of the package is electric seat adjustment.

Does that mean the under seat box wont fit?

·
Premium Member
2,657 Posts
OK, What is the under seat electrical box referenced? I have a 2016 Unlimited Hard Rock on the way. part of the package is electric seat adjustment.

Does that mean the under seat box wont fit?
I'm not sure if the electric seats would prevent you from installing the box. You would just have to look under your drivers seat and see if anything under there would prevent installation. On mine, ( non electric seats ) there was a bracket I had to remove and re route 1 wire to get my box to fit.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Well since I have a 2 door and I took out the back seat as soon as I got it home. I will be on the look out for 4 door front seats that were taken out to replace mine. No need for tumble seats since this is a 2 person family. Kids are grown and gone.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm not sure if the electric seats would prevent you from installing the box. You would just have to look under your drivers seat and see if anything under there would prevent installation. On mine, ( non electric seats ) there was a bracket I had to remove and re route 1 wire to get my box to fit.

Can I ask what year and model you have? I have a 2015 Wrangler Freedom edition so I'm hoping it would work after seeing your post.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts