Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing my taxes online and it was looking VERY promising. With each entry that refund was climbing up and up and up. My wife was by my side helping me and you could see the excitement in her eyes each time that number grew. In my head, it was as if we were going through a mental check list of new toys- “wheels” - check, “35’s” - check , “new rear bumper AND a tire carry” – check, whoa, enough for a light bar – CHECK!!!!

When I hit submit, we were like a little kids all giddy with excitement. I look over at my wife and she looked so happy. I gave her a hug and we stared at each other like we just won the lottery. Then with the most enthusiastic voice I've ever heard from her she said “I can’t wait to get our new floors”.

So which grab handles should I buy?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brother, that money was spoken for long before I earned it. I just didn't have the balls to admit it to my self.

·
Premium Member
16,872 Posts
We were once little boys running around trying our best to stay away from the evil coodies monsters (the ones with pig tails) and then one day one of them caught us...... or maybe we slowed down on purpose.
The beginning of the end.

We grew up chasing them, spending money, buying gifts .... fearing we may forget an important date or saying the wrong thing or getting "caught" doing something we shouldn't - like breath.
THEN we decide to actually Marry one of them so we can never chase another one as long as we live.
We get to keep all our fears and add a few to include "when" it doesn't work out (odds in favor) we get to give up ALL our stuff and keep the bills.

But hey...... at least there's the new floors :) or in my case a nicer Bathroom. :huglove:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Your problem is easily fixed. Buy your wife a Jeep. I did. Now it's her combing Quadratec, 4WP, Northridge and XT for her next upgrade. Floors can wait. Momma needs some new rock rails!

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
I divorced about 18 months ago. My rear axle swap and 35s will go instead to continuing to pay down divorce related debt. Thankfully the end is in sight and next year should be a much different story.....

Oh yeah, just met a great woman a couple months ago.... :)

·
Premium Member
16,872 Posts
Two (2) ways to approach this AND maintain the illusion of marital bliss...

#1: the "Deal". Honey, IF we save up and do XYZ is it Ok if I get ABC?
"If" you can (and not look like an idiot when you get caught), try and weave safety or Family Fun into the equation.

#2: Secret Funds stash. Yes yes I know sound shadey (and it is sort of) but cave men started it the first time they realized they weren't getting a new club unless the saved up wood (the kind from trees)
You have to build up a "Toy fund" that way it's not traceable the catch is "subtlety" I once upgraded my home speakers and each step was incremental AND (key) the same finish!!
"Honey?"
Yes Sweetie.....
"These speakers look Bigger?"
Nope
"Really?"
Yep, Hey look! a Squirrel.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I divorced about 18 months ago. My rear axle swap and 35s will go instead to continuing to pay down divorce related debt. Thankfully the end is in sight and next year should be a much different story.....

congrats! :beerdrinking:

·
Premium Member
16,872 Posts

I hope it's not your next x-wife. :)

But seriously, Congrats.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts