Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..."Douchebag of the Week" award. :surrender:

So, I had to run some errands earlier today. I stop by the Rite-Aid to pick up my meds, then swing by the CVS to pick up my wife's meds. Right next to CVS is a Martin's grocery store, so I figure I'll swing by Martin's and just leave my Jeep parked in front of the CVS. It was a little bit of a walk, but they're basically neighbors, so no biggie.

When I got there, the parking lot was fairly empty in front of the CVS, so I got the first spot next to the handicapped spot. Well, when I came out, the parking lot was a bit more crowded, as lunchtime was right around the corner.

So, I'm walking my cart down towards the CVS after I finish shopping and I see the door to "my" Jeep open and two people leaning over in it, as if they're searching for something. My stomach started sinking immediately, as this Jeep looked EXACTLY like mine, right down to the Rubicon wheels. I panicked and thought, "Oh shit, my Jeep's being broken into!"

After assessing my options, I went for it. I charged the Jeep with my cart, yelling, "HEY! HEY! THAT'S MY JEEP!" One of the ladies turned around and looked at me...and here's what happened...

Her: Can I help you?

Me: Can I help YOU? YOU'RE IN MY JEEP! YA FIND ANYTHING YA LIKE?

Her: Ummm, this is MY Jeep!

Me: Ohhhhh no, I don't think so! I parked my Jeep in this spot and this is my Jeep!

Her: <starts laughing along with her passenger> Look, I've owned this Jeep since 2011, so I know this isn't your Jeep.

Me: <pulls out key fob and tries to lock doors...they don't lock.> <looks around, and spots an identical Jeep 3 rows further than this lady's Jeep> Ya know what? I am really, REALLY sorry, Ma'am! That's my Jeep down there! :surrender: I guess we have identical Jeeps! :facepalm:

:redface:

So, the lady and her passenger just start laughing. Meanwhile, I slinked away, embarrassed as all hell, and would not even turn back around.

As I'm loading my groceries, the Jeep stops next to me and the lady rolls down the window, and she says..."YA FIND ANYTHING YA LIKE?" And then she starts laughing. I waved and nodded, all embarrassed-like, and sheepishly smiled back. Then she said, "NICE JEEP!" and drove away. :hide:

So, here's the funny part. Upon closer inspection, it wasn't even a Rubicon. In fact, it didn't even have the BFG offroad tires on it, nor did it have rock rails. Did I mention it had a bug deflector on the nose, too? :whistling:

Yep, I'm an idiot, but I didn't notice any of these things while I was "in the moment." :hide:

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
While I didn't suffer your embarrasment, I know the feeling. A few weeks ago I walked up to a silver Jeep with a hardtop at work and hit the key fob. About the time I was wondering why the doors wouldn't unlock it hit me. Self said "Hey Dumbass, this isn't your Jeep". :redface: :rofl:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Let me guess the girl you accused of breaking into your Jeep looked like this.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I would totally have laughed my ass off at you! :rofl: That's awesome.

I have my Dads (try not to laugh now...) Prius while they're in Italy & my Jeeps growing up. I forgot I was driving it & when I walked out of the grocery store & couldn't find my Jeep I totally panicked thinking someone stole it. Took me like 5 minutes to remember I was driving Dads car.

But I'm a blonde, what's you're excuse? ;)

(I must say 60 MPG is so much better than 16 though :hide: )

·
Banned
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I'm married, so I guess it doesn't matter what the chick looks like, and considering she was bending over in it, IF she DID look like that, I don't think I would've said anything until she climbed out. :D

Yeah, that kinda sucked, but what's funny is that a while back I was at a car wash and some lady in a Jeep that looked identical to mine, other than it was a Sport (Rubicon wheels), spotted me and started leaning out her window, frantically waving. I returned the gesture, of course. She had long brown hair, and so did this lady in this Jeep today. It may very well have been the same person. :confused:

It's just kinda funny that this lady was parked in a spot right next to a handicapped spot, too, and she was also parked closer to the CVS than the Martin's.

But yeah, I felt like an absolute ass, but it makes for great storytelling! :D

·
Banned
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just remember, whatever color you have, someone else has it too. :rofl:
I can't tell from your avatar pics, but yours looks indentical to hers. It had the Rubicon wheels, so I guess it's the Sport S?

·
Registered
995 Posts
If she looked like that, the question would have been phrased a bit differently:

"I know I see something I like but YA FIND ANYTHING YOU LIKE?"

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Haha! I live in a state where most people still don't lock their doors. I have been the douchebag that accidently gets in someone elses rig twice. Both times were even with passengers, where we both look around and try to figure out why there is a bunch of random stuff around. It takes a little bit to even figure out what the hell is going on. Then you got to sheepishly get out and go over to your own vehicle parked 3 spots away before someone starts yelling, "Hey did ya find anything ya like?!" Haha. At least you gave some folks a good story for the day!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts