Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Buy a CJ and build your own

Reactions: Laggy

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Buy a CJ and build your own
A decent (CJ) foundation in these parts goes for a kidney and first born.

IF Jeep made one like this with modern power train, brakes, suspension, etc. and kept it basic ...

But like I said can't seeing it happening....

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Dang... my brother just got an '82 CJ in August for $2500. Has something like 77k original miles. Been a Tx Jeep its whike life so almost no rust.

Reactions: Bobnh

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
That was part of Jeep’s concept display at Easter Jeep Safari this spring. Very cool indeed. And they wheeled it.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Dang... my brother just got an '82 CJ in August for $2500. Has something like 77k original miles. Been a Tx Jeep its whike life so almost no rust.
He found a Unicorn, I agree that a CJ in really good shape is really hard to find. Even my step-dad has his original CJ7 that he bought brand new in 1980 and it’s rusted and crusty as hell. He still won’t sell it since it’s his baby.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To find a clean Body & Frame CJ around here and then "build it" with brakes, suspension, engine, transmission etc. You'd have a number I won't mention so just in case FCA is watching :) don't wanna give them any ideas on pricing in the off chance anything like this could ever happen.

Critical in Pennsyltucky - It has to come as stock (as pictured) so those so inclined (me) can run around (smiling) with NO Doors or Top - Just NAKED as God intended.

Anyway, Sunday night Fun .... guiding intent behind the thread. Things can get stale from time to time. Something whimsical to kick around is fun.

Practical is for shoes and underwear.....

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Looks like FCA is knocking off Roxor.

Reactions: tj slipper

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Would be fun to watch

·
Registered
970 Posts
That is way cool. I thought of a CJ-7 because I’ve always dreamed of one, and had an original owner 7 picked out. Then I thought...technology. While not a huge difference, my 99 TJ that I’ve built is way more advanced than that CJ-7 was and I’m happy that I went with the TJ. With some modern technology like fuel injection, disc brakes, etc. I would jump on one of those if they ever made one. Now if they could come up with a decent manual tranny then we’d be talking about something for sure. Maybe a newer version of the tried and true tractor AX-15 tranny?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Years back I bought a used CJ7 with a factory 304V8. Lots of power but the body had more rust than the Titanic. Leaf springs F&R. A new JK or JL would easily out wheel it.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cool to look at but driving it would get old fast.
An old CJ - Yes.

A modern version paying homage to a by gone look but sporting modern day goodies out of sight....I say Fun bring it on.
As a DD probably not but as a great toy. BooYah.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
My Dad's 61 CJ with the 327V8 was scary fast. Handled and cornered bad. Brakes were there, almost. By today standards it would be a unsafe toy. Wish I still had it.

Reactions: RubiconSS
1 - 16 of 16 Posts