Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I traded a dual band Yaesu HT for a mobile Icom IC-207H dual bander and got it mounted today. The radio is mounted to a hole under the steering column right behind the lower panel cover with the head unit mounted to the plastic trim cover right behind the steering wheel. Also used a thin sheet of plastic to help keep dust off the top of the radio. Won't stop it but will catch some. Mic hangs to the left since the CB already has the right side. I can't use it until I get the antenna mount fabbed to hold both antennas on the right rear corner. I had the same radio a while back and thery are great, can't wait to have it running. Check it out.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
dude that looks awesome!!! i had to put mine in the glove cuas i couldnt figure out where to put in hahaha
do you have any issues with your mic not working. Ive had to take mine a part a few times and clean the contact on the button.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the whole radio behind the glove box door? Do you have room for stuff in the glove box?
No problem with my mic...at least not yet.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
yea the whole thing is in there. still room to stash small things. when i was looking for a spot i realized that all i kept was trash in there. haha ill try to snap a pic

1 - 4 of 4 Posts