Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone can tell me what kind of bumper this is. Also the max you would be willing to spend on it. Kind of seems like it could be a good little project if i got it cheap enough.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
that jeep is brilliantly fubar

·
Registered
165 Posts
Agree on $50. Should be fine. Plastidip it!

The winch will be toast. The bolts might give you a problem...especially if you wait for the rust to go further.

·
Registered
12,640 Posts
It does not look as though this Jeep was wrecked. My guess is stolen and then burned.
There were some that would burst into flames. Had to do with the transmission getting too hot, or skidplates. Hard to tell with the spin Chrysler put on it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone for the tips. I planned on plasti-dipping it. I offered him 150 for it but he won't budge from 250 so it looks like I'm going to pass on this one haha. Thanks though!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Haha yes 250 just for the bumper, guy must think im crazy seeing how its a 2 hour drive away as well. Hope he likes it :p

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
First off: don't plastidip it. All the coating has worn off and it started to rust. It'll keep rusting under the plastidip. You need to sand it down, prime it and paint or bedline. And if you're anything like me and bump things just because you can, you'll chip the plastidip of really fast.

No way id pay $250 for it. It'll take a decent amount of work to make it look good again, the winch is worthless, and the sliders actually look a bit melted. If he doesn't sell it to you, he won't sell it. Not many ppl would see it and want it. Scrap value is ~$400 per ton. It's not worth much as scrap.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Haha it was 250 JUST for the bumper, the sliders, winch or anything else was not included. I think the guy is nuts to not sell me just the bumper for 150. Thanks for the info on plasti-dipping though, i have no experience with it yet. And why yes, yes i do like to bump things just because i can haha :dance:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts