Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 tj sport I am lookin for cheap easy mods to do to my jeep ( no lift sorry guys ) but please help me with ideas and and post me some pictures of the mods also ideas on good brands thank you

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Remove the milk jugs, you can get end caps cheap if you do not like the ends wide open. Personally I would remove the side steps, all the did for me was get the back of my pants dirty when getting out.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Buy 2 cans of Rustoleum bed-line spray ($8 each) And do the grill. It look sick and only takes an hour or two of work.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Remove the milk jugs, you can get end caps cheap if you do not like the ends wide open. Personally I would remove the side steps, all the did for me was get the back of my pants dirty when getting out.
I would like to do that to the bumper and get some end caps also I would like to get rid of the side step and get a chrome rude side step what do y'all think?

·
Registered
87 Posts
When I started out with my Jeep - I resolved not to do anything for a few weeks. I drove it every day to get to know what I liked and what I didn't like as well as to really start to notice things.

I decided to start small on things that would really impact the quality of my experience when driving it.

1. LED backlights for the gauge cluster. I can actually see how slow I'm going now.
2. Leather steering wheel wrap from Wheelskins. Nicely covers the ratty and worn steering wheel.
3. New seatbelts to replace the ones that were grungy and not able to retract properly. (on order)
4. New headlights so I can actually see where I'm slowly going at night.
5. New floormats because what came with it were beyond junk.
6. New speakers because the PO "installed" some crappy ones very, very badly.

None of these things are big sexy mods but each one of them is something that I can see, touch and hear each and every time I drive my Jeep. That's worth all the lift kits in the world to me.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I started out with my Jeep - I resolved not to do anything for a few weeks. I drove it every day to get to know what I liked and what I didn't like as well as to really start to notice things.

I decided to start small on things that would really impact the quality of my experience when driving it.

1. LED backlights for the gauge cluster. I can actually see how slow I'm going now.
2. Leather steering wheel wrap from Wheelskins. Nicely covers the ratty and worn steering wheel.
3. New seatbelts to replace the ones that were grungy and not able to retract properly. (on order)
4. New headlights so I can actually see where I'm slowly going at night.
5. New floormats because what came with it were beyond junk.
6. New speakers because the PO "installed" some crappy ones very, very badly.

None of these things are big sexy mods but each one of them is something that I can see, touch and hear each and every time I drive my Jeep. That's worth all the lift kits in the world to me.
I like the idea bout the gauge backlight and the speakers I would like to get a subwoofer but other than that I have good seat-belts good steering-wheel and new floor-mats I have halogen headlights also and I like them pretty good so I think I'm keeping them

But I have been thinking bout extra lighting such as a light bar to go over my wind-shield ( not LED I can't afford it ) or a brush guard maybe make it look a lil more aggressive and some grill inserts to keep the junk out of my radiator what is your opinion?

·
Registered
923 Posts
black out the headlight bezels and the back of the fog lights
remove the milk jugs
if your going to keep the side step get some Penetrol and wipe it down as this will bring the black back

·
Registered
540 Posts
cheap and easy

K&N air filter
take off the doors and soft top.
bedline the hinges, and grill, bumper and underside, mirrors.
use rustoleum not duplicolor.
turn your rear view mirror upside down. <takes some getting used to>
the thread is long and tedious, mostly bedlining.
lots of chatter.
first pic is after I sprayed the hinges and grill, took off the milk jugs
second is before, but with the top and doors off.
third after bedlining the grill. no hinges. You can see the rust coming through the paint. still have the milk jugs on the front bumper.
The last pic is stock, the way I got it.:popcorn:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
K&N air filter
take off the doors and soft top.
bedline the hinges, and grill, bumper and underside, mirrors.
use rustoleum not duplicolor.
turn your rear view mirror upside down. <takes some getting used to>
the thread is long and tedious, mostly bedlining.
lots of chatter.
first pic is after I sprayed the hinges and grill, took off the milk jugs
second is before, but with the top and doors off.
third after bedlining the grill. no hinges. You can see the rust coming through the paint. still have the milk jugs on the front bumper.
The last pic is stock, the way I got it.:popcorn:
Man idk bout the grill bed liner because my jeep is chili pepper red witch is pretty rare

·
Registered
440 Posts
I bed-lined mine, I love the look. But then again, mine is black. I can see where you're coming from, being that it's a color you don't usually see. If you're worried about the color of the Jeep, you could always get fabric paint and paint your soft-top some crazy color! :)

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I like the idea bout the gauge backlight and the speakers I would like to get a subwoofer but other than that I have good seat-belts good steering-wheel and new floor-mats I have halogen headlights also and I like them pretty good so I think I'm keeping them

But I have been thinking bout extra lighting such as a light bar to go over my wind-shield ( not LED I can't afford it ) or a brush guard maybe make it look a lil more aggressive and some grill inserts to keep the junk out of my radiator what is your opinion?
Go on amazon and look up stuff. I got a 12" led light bar and mounted it on the hood. It was $105. They also have led round lights which I mounted on the windshield. $45 for the pair. They are crazy bright to.

·
Registered
441 Posts
k&N filters are not good for the enviroments jeeps are used in

·
Registered
440 Posts
k&N filters are not good for the enviroments jeeps are used in
They make a water resistant/dirt proof sock that fits over the filter, and from what I know it works great. I have a friend that uses it, and it's easy to tell the difference in performance and he wheels just as hard as everyone else. Without any problems with getting the filter dirty.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Heres a few things to get you started

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/paracord-grab-handles-how-to-make-your-own-150107.html
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f5/tired-of-your-interior-change-it-152938.html
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f5/making-your-tj-more-manly-149980.html
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f5/cheap-easy-fun-creative-mods-102868.html

mostlyjust do what makes you happy. For me the best change was painting my interior, surprisingly easy when you follow the writeup that Dragonii put together, he has the same color Jeep as you and it looks great with a bedlined grill.

Few things to do tho.
bedline or plasti-dip those chrome headlight bezels, rims, handles, and hinges. would be a great start. happy Jeepin!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts