Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tj is new to me and came with this Best top soft top. .wondering which model it is?
Also how do I care for it can I wash with regular soap even on plastic windows? I know the inside you need to use some kind of special towel and spray..thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
I use a convertible top cleaner. Blue magic i believe is the brand.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
By the style of the side window, it's a OEM/Factory style frame. Bestop (who makes the OEM top) Sells replacement fabric (Replace-A-Top). That's likely what you have. An original frame with new Bestop fabric.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Oh, and as for cleaning....I bought the 'Bestop' brand cleaners, discounted online. That was last year, Fall. I have yet to use them.

Inside, I don't know the 'proper' formula. If I had to clean it, I'd simply use warm water on a cotton cloth.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can you wash it at car wash? Do Ihave to wash top seperate from body of wrangler? Thanks just a bit confused..:)

·
Jeep Flip-Ur-Top Commercial Member
873 Posts
Can you wash it at car wash? Do Ihave to wash top seperate from body of wrangler? Thanks just a bit confused..:)
If you're using the DIY carwash, just don't use the brush on the plastic windows.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Great question, as I've asked myself the same thing when I bought my Jeep.

I strictly ONLY go to a 100% HAND CAR WASH. My windows have no visible scratches, other than from normal wear and tear. I plan on cleaning them this Spring w the 'Bestop Window Cleaner'. For me, regular ol' Auto soap and clean water is rule of thumb.

I've owned my TJ for 14 months and have had no problems w the hand wash place that I regular. Even with the high pressure dryer.....no problem. If you have a quality top (which you do) and your hardware is solid, you'll be fine.

This is last Sunday, fresh from the wash:

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts