Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15,698 Posts
First may have been where the wire from cb antenna ends and is able to plug into cb radio

Next where a multi pin plug plugs in
Either for a winch control or for trail tow lights when being a toad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Definitely for towing. Wiring harness connector on the right for brake lights, running lights and turn signals, etc..

The part on the left turns out to be a break-away switch. A cable would attach to the pull ring and activate the braking system, should the unit being towed separates from the tow vehicle. I have no idea how it would be set up to work on towing the Jeep... But that is what it is.

Reactions: Nynico

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Definitely for towing. Wiring harness connector on the right for brake lights, running lights and turn signals, etc..

The part on the left turns out to be a break-away switch. A cable would attach to the pull ring and activate the braking system, should the unit being towed separates from the tow vehicle. I have no idea how it would be set up to work on towing the Jeep... But that is what it is.
This was on the second photo...

The first one does look like some kind of radio connection.
Digger84 is probably right on it being foe CB radio.
Could also possibly be a video feed cable, if the PO had a rear camera set up to watch behind while in tow...

Reactions: Nynico
1 - 6 of 6 Posts