Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This feels like a long shot, but I'm prepared to be amazed :)

I want to get ignition switched 12V power under the front passenger seat in my 2014 JKU. I've pulled off some trim and there's a large bundle of wires that runs along the outboard floor board and 'Y's some wires under the passenger seat. I'm guessing somewhere in that colorful bundle of wires is what I want.

I've had complete wiring diagrams for other cars and I'm if such a thing exists for the JKU or maybe someone has that knowledge?

My first hope was pulling power off the 12V cig lighter outlet in the center console. Then I noticed that outlet was always on. That's not what I want.

Any help with identifying wire color codes would be helpful.

thanks,
steve

·
Registered
26 Posts
A lot of that bundle are the speaker wires, power wires for the dome lights, passenger air bag sensor, the center console lighter plug (not switched, always hot) lighter plug in the rear and various other things. As the others have said just about everyone goes to the lighter plug in the lower dash. If you have power windows you can go to the wire for that also. I am not positive there isn't one in that bundle, but I haven't found it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts