Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to get a good answer on this. I put a 4.0 throttle body on my 2.5. I did it on my last TJ and liked how it ran so I did it to this one. Problem this time is if i tap the gas it runs uo to about 1200 rpm's but only dops down to 1000 rpms instead of around 700 like it did before the swap. Also, If I'm driving and I go into neutral and slow down, the rpm's drop only as I slow down. I thought when you take it out of gear the rpm's drop to around 1000 then to idle as you stop. I'm not getting any codes and I thought the computer adjust to the change after a little driving. I used the map sensor that was on it but I changed back to my first map sensorhoping that might fix it, no luck. what'cha think?

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
I got 4.0 and i get similar results.. i gotta let it idle for few seconds and then in drops down to like 600ish otherwise it stays at 1000 in the begining.

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
BTW with my stock intake it used to idle higher and rougher around the 750 mark.. now with the custom intake i made it idles lower and smoother in the middle off the 500-750 marks.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Throttle position sensor?

I thought about that one but didn't change it. Maybe I'll put the one from the 2.5 on it and see how it does. I just figured they looked identicle so I didn't bother with switching them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts