Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased an 04 Wrangler with about 46k miles on it. It runs great! I love it.

Anywho, I accidentally left my head lights on this morning at work and didn't realize for about 5 hours. I planned on jump starting it a couple hours later when my day was done but it started right up.

On the ride home though, I noticed that the idle wasn't quite right. With traffic which was stop and go, the engine just cut off.

I was about to drive about an hour home with keeping the RPM's up. Would this be an alternator problem which needs the attention of the dealership? I still have about 45 days left on my warranty.

Any help / advice would be appreciated for my baby. :(

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
prolly a low charge on thebattery. electric system that dont get enough power always act funny. take it to the dealer and get as much as you can done for free. dont mention anyhting baout the headlights. just act dumb. new battery and alternator would be sweet

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, well I'm taking my father's Jeep to work tomorrow so I can drop off my Wrangler. He's got an '06 Cherokee so I won't go through that much a withdrawl. I'm sure they'll fix it reguardless.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts