Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my sister had some new friends come take a look at her jeep today. We had already figured out that the engine knock that she had was from her inner pulley being loose. So we took it all apart and found out that the pulley was way too big for the harmonic balancer. So the brought it to autozone to figure out that it was the right pulley but the rubber that used to be inbetween the two had fallen out. So $10 later it is now fixed using rubber weather stripping and 10 min epoxy. It looks like it could have come from the factory like how we did it:)
We also figured out the problem with her 4wd. The gear on the axle shaft was 1/2 engaged so the vacuum could even move it. So we left the tcase in 4wd and slid the little gear over to the right way. And now it works perfectly again:D:D:D time for the mud tomorrow:D
and tomorrow we are taking out the carpet and the cloth from the roll bar.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
well since oyur not going to badlands, maybe me and your sis can meet up and go..hahahahha i am glad to see your rig is working again, well your sisters rig...good job

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ha, yea cheap is good:D

and YJ i keep telling you. I want to go, but my sister can't afford it, she's jobless... sorry But i didn't want to kill all of your dreams- but i guess i had to:p

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And i think we basically have joined/ started a 4wd club!!!:cool:

cause there's a group of us with jeep and we have talked about us being a club. Bulldog 4x4's....

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
And i think we basically have joined/ started a 4wd club!!!:cool:

cause there's a group of us with jeep and we have talked about us being a club. Bulldog 4x4's....
Nothing wrong with that. It's how the vast majority of wheelin clubs start. People of a like mind that are into the same things.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea. we just kinda fell together from different sources and have been hanging out a lot. Actually one kid who's 18 just went to Indiana to pick up a CJ5 to day. its about 175 miles round trip. He knew it was beat up but, we end up having to go pick him up with a trailer about 30 min from home. in 75 miles he had burned 6 quarts of oil, had to replace the coolant and the rear drive shaft fell off....but he got it for $400 :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts