Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I order a 2014 Rubicon X do I still haggle over the price? If so how much should I get? For those of you that have ordered one, how much were you able to get off?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Jill

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
When I order a 2014 Rubicon X do I still haggle over the price? If so how much should I get? For those of you that have ordered one, how much were you able to get off? Thanks in advance for your help!! Jill
Yes you still haggle. Join treadlightly for $100 or so and the dealership will give you 1% under invoice. Easy and everybody wins.

Also 2014 orders are over. Looks like a 2015 for you!

·
Registered
429 Posts
I think its past order deadline now, will have to wait for 2015......but may have my dates mixed up, im sure someone will correct me if im wrong.

You can join tread lightly ($100) which will qualify you for Chrysler affiliate and get you 1% under dealer invoice with no haggling. Some have gotten better deals without it.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I think its past order deadline now, will have to wait for 2015......but may have my dates mixed up, im sure someone will correct me if im wrong. You can join tread lightly ($100) which will qualify you for Chrysler affiliate and get you 1% under dealer invoice with no haggling. Some have gotten better deals without it.
Good call!

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Orders for the 2015 MY are supposed to start June 6. 2015s are supposed to open on the line July 21. :)

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
I think its past order deadline now, will have to wait for 2015......but may have my dates mixed up, im sure someone will correct me if im wrong. You can join tread lightly ($100) which will qualify you for Chrysler affiliate and get you 1% under dealer invoice with no haggling. Some have gotten better deals without it.
Agree with both responses. Yes, orders are closed. If a dealer happens to have an order open for an X currently, they can try to amend that order to personalize for you. As far as I know, that's the only way to currently get a "special" order 2014. 2015 ordering will open first week of June and the X package is coming back.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your help!! I'm sure there is a 2014 on the lot that would work for us, but we don't want to travel across country to get it!! Figured might as well order one and drive across town!

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Thanks for your help!! I'm sure there is a 2014 on the lot that would work for us, but we don't want to travel across country to get it!! Figured might as well order one and drive across town!
I see you're in IL. If you're close to Glenview hit up Pat at Fields. He'll take care of you.

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
Good luck finding a Rubicon X - they are few and far between.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The rubicon X's are scarce and you won't find dealers discounting them because of that. Tread lightly's the way to go.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I found a Jeep which is located on our way home from vacation!! PErfect!! : ) My question to you... How strict are they on allowing the Tread Lightly discount to be used under 30 days?

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
So I found a Jeep which is located on our way home from vacation!! PErfect!! : ) My question to you... How strict are they on allowing the Tread Lightly discount to be used under 30 days?
You're not supposed to be able to get your control number for the discount until being a member for 30 days but maybe the dealer would still do it. Probably depends on when you became a member.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I ordered a loaded JKRUX (everything except automatic). The MSRP on it was $45,525 and I got it for $40,391 (employee pricing) before TT&L; if my math is right it's a little over 11% under MSRP. I am not an employee but emailed a few dealers in my area about pricing and 3 out of 4 of them agreed to this price. I felt it was too good to be true, but it was legit.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
I got EP here in Texas, too. Texans KNOW how to move jeeps! :D

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Check and see if you have a car buying service through a credit card or insurance company. One of my banks USAA and also my insurance GEICO both offer a car buying service that will get you the same discount as the Tread Lightly one. There may be differences though in what if any extra fees can get tacked on to a sale with one of those (the affiliate discount via TL is pretty strict on that stuff), but if you're stuck dealing with the 30 day thing it might be an option. I actually joined TL when I ordered my Jeep (nothing signed so the 30 days wasn't an issue) but ended up using the USAA service instead once the Jeep was delivered and it was time to buy because they were offering an additional $1000 discount on Wranglers at the time.

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
Fields Jeep in Florida gave me employee pricing and the tread lightly discount. I didn't even have my number yet. Showed them the conformation email I received and that was good enough for them. once I received the number called the salesman and gave it to him.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Fields Jeep in Florida gave me employee pricing and the tread lightly discount. I didn't even have my number yet. Showed them the conformation email I received and that was good enough for them. once I received the number called the salesman and gave it to him.
Wow! Fields jeep in Florida wouldn't BUDGE below 2.5% under invoice when we were looking there in 2013. Good for you! :thumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts