Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
13,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I saw a post on another forum that Jeep stopped offering color-matched hardtops and fenders.

The Jeep.com configurator shows that the color-matched fenders are still available on Sahara, but who knows really, that configurator is always outdated. A Sahara without painted fenders would be like a Willys without a black grille.

The color-matched hardtop, which was STANDARD on Sahara Altitude is now $1,500 EXTRA! Jeep is being sneaky about it, too: the builder shows Altitude with the color matched top on the main picture, but if you scroll on the options list, you see that the color-matched top is now a $1,500 option. And the Saddle Leather option is gone.

Then I was looking at a fully-loaded 2022 Sahara EcoDiesel at a nearby dealer that is priced very well, 10% off MSRP. But scrolling through the dealer photos I noticed that the power windows don't have an AUTO DOWN feature any more! --see below

My Sahara's window switches
Telephony Motor vehicle Communication Device Personal luxury car Font

2022 window switches
Communication Device Automotive design Telephony Personal luxury car Font

Now I am wondering what else Jeep has removed without telling anyone.

·
Retired Moderator
13,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The online builder shows that the color-matched fenders and top are still available on Rubicons.

Again, I don't know if they are truly available or not, but the painted fenders are now listed at $900 and the painted hardtop at $2,700!!!

Geez.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
The online builder shows that the color-matched fenders and top are still available on Rubicons.

Again, I don't know if they are truly available or not, but the painted fenders are now listed at $900 and the painted hardtop at $2,700!!!

Geez.
Aldo, I can just imagine a group of arrogant executives sitting around a conference table, playing a game of coming up with new insults to consumers, laughing all the while, and saying "Let's see if the suckers will willingly pay this much for THIS ... and THAT ... HA HA HA HA!!!"

·
Retired Moderator
13,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aldo, I can just imagine a group of arrogant executives sitting around a conference table, playing a game of coming up with new insults to consumers, laughing all the while, and saying "Let's see if the suckers will willingly pay for THIS ... and THAT ... HA HA HA HA!!!"
Yeah. When that poster on another forum asked his dealer why the color-matched fenders and top were gone, the reply he got was "supply and demand."

"Supply and Demand" has become code speak for "shut up, roll down your pants and bend over..."

·
Premium Member
1,856 Posts
I think I might play THE STROKER or THE TIRE KICKER role next time I’m @ the dealer just to see what kind of nonsense they try and sell me or if they are going to try and DE-HORSE me.

MSRP=full stick it to ya price.

nah I’m good bro.

Reactions: Chugiakguy

·
Registered
187 Posts
Aldo, I can just imagine a group of arrogant executives sitting around a conference table, playing a game of coming up with new insults to consumers, laughing all the while, and saying "Let's see if the suckers will willingly pay this much for THIS ... and THAT ... HA HA HA HA!!!"
Did you even get yours yet? Your situation depresses me.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Did you even get yours yet? Your situation depresses me.
Hey Cimmerian, thanks for asking, and I'm sad to hear that my situation depresses YOU.

As it happens, I did receive three weeks ago or so an estimated build date of July 18th --- that was, 'coincidentally', immediately after threatening to cancel my order. And last week, they moved that estimated build date up to July 11th.

Now, that is just the build date. When I'll actually see my Jeep, I really cannot say. But at this point, given the additional transportation necessary to get the Jeep from the dealer in Kentucky up to me in Alaska, I am guessing some time in September. Which would make my total wait time, since ordering, around 8 months.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hey Cimmerian, thanks for asking, and I'm sad to hear that my situation depresses YOU.

As it happens, I did receive three weeks ago or so an estimated build date of July 18th --- that was, 'coincidentally', immediately after threatening to cancel my order. And last week, they moved that estimated build date up to July 11th.

Now, that is just the build date. When I'll actually see my Jeep, I really cannot say. But at this point, given the additional transportation necessary to get the Jeep from the dealer in Kentucky up to me in Alaska, I am guessing some time in September. Which would make my total wait time, since ordering, around 8 months.
Better late than never, my friend. September is right around the corner. I'm glad some progress is finally being made.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Yes, the OEMs don't agree with the theory that the customer is always right.

This is totally the opposite of what I grew up with. I always thought the way to succeed is to make the product more appealing to customers (i.e., competition, etc.).

·
Registered
758 Posts
I would bet the 'auto down' thing is just a styling change, or a vendor messed up and didn't add the legend, or whatever, but I doubt the functionality is gone since the cost to provide it is zero.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes, the OEMs don't agree with the theory that the customer is always right.

This is totally the opposite of what I grew up with. I always thought the way to succeed is to make the product more appealing to customers (i.e., competition, etc.).
What competition? The bronco that no one can buy off the lot? As long as people are winning to order and wait on a vehicle, manufacturers will keep playing the game. If we the consumer don't let inventory sit on the lot, there is no incentive for the dealer or manufacturer to lower prices. Demand is high, prices are high. That's how it works.

·
Premium Member
10,395 Posts
Most likely a supply chain issue that led to a cost savings....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts