Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Which tires though? The good for a year are good for 20-25k miles.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I didn't buy mine new. I bought it with 6,800 miles on it. It's a '15 Rubicon 2dr with the standard, original, 32" M/Ts on it. Believe it or not, I didn't change them out until I hit 65,000 miles. I think I could have gotten more, but I was really anxious to get those Nitto Ridge Grapplers and the new wheels.

You can see what I took off and put on here.

·
Retired Moderator
102,643 Posts
Mine were getting pretty noisy at about 25K. So I replaced them with A/T’s. These were the original M/T’s, on my 2013 Rubicon.

Reactions: Bamabww

·
Registered
2017 Rhino JKU
112 Posts
I purchased mine new in 17 and have about 45k miles on the stock good year wranglers.

·
Registered
323 Posts
How many miles did you get from the stock tires if you rotated all five?
I did the 5-way rotation on my 2012 Rubi with the BFG KMs -- got about 42K miles out of them before I bought new tires. To be fair, I probably could have easily hit 50K with them, except I made the mistake of letting my16-year-old son drive it for about 10K miles (it's not my daily-driver). Apparently he thought he was driving a Ferrari instead of a Wrangler and knocked the front end out of line which, in turn, scrubbed off the right front. I had it realigned and swapped the spare to the RF, but I figured that I'd just bite the bullet and get new tires instead of trying to coax a few more thousand miles out of the 4 remaining good KMs. Decided to go with BFG KO2s for no other reason than I could finally hear the radio over the tires.

·
Premium Member
10,243 Posts
I got 50K miles from my KM2s with 4-tire rotation -- rotated every 10K miles.

could've went 60K miles with 5-tire rotation.

The tires wore even with zero cupping.

·
Premium Member
8,792 Posts
My '17 Chief came with the 255/75R17 KMs (on recon wheels painted silver from the factory). After rotating all 5 every 3,500 miles, they were too noisy at 23,000 miles. I dumped them and put BFG KO2s on new wheels. The silver recon wheels are in storage in the boxes the new wheels came in. The first thing I noticed about the KO2 was how quiet they were.

Reactions: Boxcarwill

·
Registered
‘17 JKU Big Bear
551 Posts
‘17 JKU Big Bear. Package comes with 32” KO2s. I’m just shy of 55K miles. 5 tire rotation every 6k miles with oil change. Tires have been great! Still have a decent amount of tread left. Likely replace with same tires.

·
Registered
2017 JKUR Stock drivetrain
290 Posts
I bought my 2017 Rubicon new and rotate them every 5,000 miles. They have a little over half the tread left in them at 37,000 miles. I also run the at about 32 psi. and puttz around at 55-60 mph.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Bought ours new. We got over 55K miles on ours before I went to Duratracs. Did a 5 tire rotation every 5K.

·
Registered
202 Posts
2017 JKU Sahara bought new with Bridgestone Dueller A/T’s on it. 4 tire rotation only every 5,000 miles. Replaced tires at 47,000 but only because winter was coming and we wanted bit more traction heading up to the ski basin. If it had been spring, and the snow was already gone, I would have driven them another 5k no problem.

·
Super Moderator
2,775 Posts
I sold my original tires fairly new to offset the cost of going 35’s

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
2300 miles until I saw they were trash in the winter and went with Duratracs

·
Registered
409 Posts
‘17 JKU Big Bear. Package comes with 32” KO2s. I’m just shy of 55K miles. 5 tire rotation every 6k miles with oil change. Tires have been great! Still have a decent amount of tread left. Likely replace with same tires.
I replaced my 32” KO2s at 55k. Could have probably got to 60k but I really wanted to go up a size and couldn’t wait any longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Wrangler JK
595 Posts
2008, new with stock 255's - just over 55,000 before I replaced them. Tossed 4, kept the best as the spare for the new set, went to 4 tire rotation.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Purchased my 2016 jku with 12,400 miles on it with a brand new set of 35/12.50r18 Nitto Terra Grappler G2. Currently at 93,200 miles with about 9/32 tread left on those Nittos. Yep, they need replaced and I'm still waiting on my 285/75r18 Falken Wildpeak A/T3W from quadratec.

Sent from somewhere in Missouri

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
2017 JKUR new in 2017 and after almost 4 years I replaced the stock BFG KM2's that were on it at close to 65k. They could have gone longer but I had been doing research and was ready to buy before some predicted snowfall so I went ahead and purchased in time to use the new tires in the snow. Without the snow in the forecast I might have gone into the summer or another 6k. And they still would have had more than the legal amount necessary. But they were getting hard and not gripping quite as well.

On a sports car with some track days thrown in you might change them at 2 years or less ;)

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Managed 72K on the original Goodyear SR-As rotating every 5k. They actually still had decent tread. I kept the two best ones as backups for my matching trailer. I bought a set of takeoffs from a 2016 for $125 and I'm still running those. So, at 82k miles, I've spend 125 bucks on tires. These will age out before I run out of tread.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts