Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you were to start your jeeping over, knowing what you know now and lets just pretend money isnt an issue. Which model of jeep would you start with and why? Is there a specific engine that used to be offered and isnt anymore? something with the suspension that is better now that used to have issues? Did jeep take the best properties of old jeeps and combine them to make the JK? How have the automatic and manual transmissions evolved over time? Is there one that is better than the others?

:popcorn:

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Only thing I would change would be a manual transmission instead of an automatic transmission. Im extremely happy with where my Jeep is.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For what intended use?
whatever you currently use your jeep for. Basically, what have you learned since you owned your jeep or being around other jeeps that you would do differently next time.

Or if someone were looking to get a jeep, what would you recommend?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
whatever you currently use your jeep for. Basically, what have you learned since you owned your jeep or being around other jeeps that you would do differently next time. Or if someone were looking to get a jeep, what would you recommend?
Well, all the models have different advantages and dis-advantages depending on intended use and budget.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
My Jeep is a 70+ daily mile commuter, plus the family- 2 adults, 2 kids/carseats, 2 big dogs- weekend warrior/roadtripmobile. Given my needs, I'd pretty much be stuck with what I've already got- a JKU- although I'd look long and hard to try and figure out whether I could make an LJ work.

·
Premium Member
8,897 Posts
I'd keep my JKU and do an LS swap with a 6L80 trans and an Atlas 4 speed. Some killer axles and 40's to round out the build.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'd have to go back to the late 70s-early 80s. I'd get me a CJ7 with a V8. For me, nothing beats the sound of that V8. You could get one back in the day for $4500 or so. If it had been cared for all this time, it could easily be worth three times that. If money were no object, I'd put a hemi in either a TJ or JK. Maybe one of these days.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
For a DD/weekend warrior I love my JK. Now if I was to go balls to the wall and make a dedicated trail rig it'd be YJ to get back to basics. V8, 1 tons, coilovers, 40's, etc. Love me them square headlights!

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Dedicated trail would be either a CJ or YJ.

Daily driver would either be a TJ or JK. Older cars, to me, have always had more personality than new ones (I guess because there's worn out parts), so I'd probably still go with TJ.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts