Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe all three have a deal where you buy the front 2 and get the rear bench free. Any opinions about which of the 3 to buy? I realize there are better ones out there but these are within my tight budget. Thanks.

·
Administrator
30,789 Posts
I just purchased the Smittybilt neoprene and I really like them. They were easy to install and fit tightly. The price was right. I will eventually purchase covers from InfernoGirl when I save up the cash, but I wanted to see how I liked the color before investing in customs.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I plan on ordering this morning and it looks like Iggees. I hope to end up with a set from InfernoGirl one day. Anyone know what a set of all black front/rear covers from her would cost? I PM'd her by the way (if I did it right.... I'm using an iPhone) and just haven't heard back yet.

·
Jeeper
11,415 Posts
I just replied to you Jolly...! Iggees are nice looking seatcovers for sure. Not sure what fabric you're looking at, but I'd steer clear of neoprene, especially knowing your climate...
It really comes down to what you want from your seatcovers.

And Jerry and JD, thanks for the plug! :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just an update.... The Iggees are about the same in price as InfernoGirl's so it looks like I'll be going with her set.....

Anybody got any pics of what I have to look forward to?

·
Registered
14,059 Posts

·
Knows a couple things...
49,822 Posts
Not sure what fabric you're looking at, but I'd steer clear of neoprene, especially knowing your climate...
X2 but I'd steer clear of neoprene no matter what the climate is.

Neoprene, regardless of the rumors and what some ads say or imply, is not waterproof. That also means it is not perspiration proof. Neoprene soaks up moisture and once in, it takes a while for it to dry out. And if your neopreme gets caught in the rain, it's gonna soak in if you're not there to put the top up or dry it off with a towel. Which is one reason I think the biggest manufacturer of neoprene seat covers picked the perfect name for their product... Wet Okole which is Hawaiian for "wet butt". Which means if you don't sit on a towel once they get wet, you're gonna get a wet butt.

Plus perspiration will build up in the neoprene and your seat covers will eventually start smelling. :eek: Not to mention that the colored nylons the manufacturers use over neoprene fades quickly and unevenly if it sees much sun like seats in Jeeps tend to do. Black turns to purple, red turns to pink, etc.

In other words, I am defintely no fan of neoprene seat covers. And heck, for what you pay for Wet Okole's stuff, you can come close to buying a whole new seat for their cost! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.