Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2006 Jeep Wrangler X that has had a clicking in the clutch pedal for a week or so. A couple of days ago, it wouldn't start. There was no dash lights, radio/clock light, etc. I jumped it and it started. It wouldn't start again today. The ignition switch is weird, the key will pull out of the ignition even with the engine running. When I bought it I was told to be careful what position I turned the key off in because it would run the battery down. I havent had a problem until the clicking started in the clutch. Any ideas? I don't know if it is in the clutch pedal or the ignition or even the battery. Thanks for all suggestions!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Not sure about the sound you're hearing from the clutch pedal...might be the pivot pin in the clutch pedal assembly making noise. Pretty sure your electrical gremlins are unrelated to the clutch sound, likely just a coincidence. As for the electrical issues, sounds like you new a new battery, take it by a parts store like Autozone and they can test it for you, being as it was able to be jumped off and ran the alternator should be ok. You probably want to have someone just replace that ignition switch, seems that someone forced it at some point. But replacing the battery should get you up and running.

·
Registered
1 Posts
When I near stall my 2007 wrangler, the battery light will come on and then off when I restart. lately when I try to start the response is a click to indicate a dead battery, but the battery tests full, I can start the veh when I jump start with another car battery. Four dash lights come on before engine dies, Air bag, electrical and ESP and brakes. Any idea what the problem is? Gary

·
"Seamed Like a Good Idea
1,200 Posts
Like mentioned above about being able to remove the Key while engine is running. Mine will do the same. Some one either forced it or it's worn to that point. I wouldn't worry about that unless it gets to the point of being able to turn the ignition switch with no key in it and have it start. I check mine from time to time, gently seeing if it will turn before I insert the key.

·
Registered
4 Posts
To Recce: Did you ever resolve your battery light delema? My '07 has done that also since new. Normally near stall, the radio will go out then come back on when the rpms pick up. I never took mine in for the problem, hoping it would "grow out of it".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts