Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Second post, again for daughter’s 2007 JK Wrangler. She has had repeated ignition coil assembly pack issues and a week ago the dealer in Guam finally decided the main cause of the problem was the Power Control Module, which was replaced. Issue has been that the Check Engine Light comes on followed by knocking and rough idling, then within about two minutes the engine shuts off (today while careening down a hill at 35mph). Going into neutral and attempting to restart engages the starter but does not light off the engine. In fact the starter doesn’t disengage until you manually turn the key back to the accessory position. When we were finally able to safely pull over and stop, I put the car in park to try to start it and again the starter engaged but would not automatically disengage. So she called the tow truck who then took the vehicle back to the dealership, where she and I took turns expressing our frustration on the service manager for 1) his department’s poor QA in not making sure the fan motor wiring harness was properly reconnected (earlier post), and 2) lousy troubleshooting where he was focused on symptoms rather than root cause. The new PCM was cracked and melted from side to side across the two upper leads. Any guesses what may be causing this? I fully understand that chasing electrical gremlins is tough work, but other than a bunch of apologies about how they’ve failed to meet an expectation of quality service, they aren’t making much progress. Any recommendations would be appreciated and I’ll research the forum but as a total newcomer to the Jeep brand I’m not really sure where to start. I did encourage my daughter to perhaps start dating a Jeep owner who isn’t afraid to get his hands greasy...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts