Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 TJ that I reciently bought. Very clean 83 K miles. I intend to keep it. I understand how easy it is to get inside. I installed an alarm, and I use the "Bar type steering lock to brake pedal" to deter theft. My question is has anyone figured out what circuit to install a cut out switch? I used to break the ground on early Ford electronic ignitions. that worked well. I don't want to tie into anything that will give a memory code problem. I have been looking over wiring schematics, but I am old and would rather get an easier answer from members of this forum. If you have a cut out that you USE, and it works without throwing long term codes-please pass it on! Yes I know the criminals could be reading this also. However there are more dumb criminals that steal stuff that won't know. Thanks for your reply. You could P.M. me direct with answer if you want to keep it out of the main stream.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jaydawg. Are we talking about a battery disconnect switch (like big high amp rated throw switch? I only worry about my TJ when out somewhere (store, maybe motel/overnight) I need something my wife can operate. I would just pull fuel relay or coil wire if just me. I read on another forum on tieing in a relay/reed switch-all good but if it fails (I could trouble shoot), my wife could not. Does not need to be cheap-just 100% reliable, and won't turn on check light long term. Most alarm disable start units too easy to defeat. Can you give me more detail about the switch you are talking about?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts