Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some times when I turn the key it hesitates to engage, until I try several times turning the key.... this just started in the last few weeks...I took it to my local Jeep Dealer , and they said I had a "code" problem...that the wheel pressur senders weren't working and causing the thrown codes...is this bull are what?....I hae been running this same set up for over a year and no problems...the problem just started about a month ago..:puke:

·
Registered
15 Posts
First off, sorry for choosing a username so close to yours! I'm sure somebody here knows better but I've heard there are known issues with the cam sensor causing late or delayed starting on '14 wranglers... Tire pressure sensors should not matter for ignition issues.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First off, sorry for choosing a username so close to yours! I'm sure somebody here knows better but I've heard there are known issues with the cam sensor causing late or delayed starting on '14 wranglers... Tire pressure sensors should not matter for ignition issues.
Mine is a 2012....so,how come the "snakoil"?...can't spell?....Just kiddin...thanks for your input...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine is a 2012....so,how come the "snakoil"?...can't spell?....Just kiddin...thanks for your input...
My username here (also found in other places) comes from my interest in performance on the other side of the spectrum.. Viper sports cars.

Your post doesn't hand out much info on your problem IMO but I've been researching issues concerning my '14 wrangler. Just tossed that out there for general consumption. Good luck finding a solution. Also, whenever asking tech questions please note year, model, engine, mods, etc... It helps.

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Cant really help with the ignition issue, but I can assure you it has absolutely nothing to do with your TPMS.

·
Registered
33,936 Posts
Just put a 2nd ground wire and you should be fine. Run it from the Neg battery to the alternator bracket.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I see these threads all the time. "I took it to the dealer". When you go to a dealer whether it is under warranty or you pay for a diag check, they should have a plan of attack for you.
The TPMS will have nothing to do with starting.
Does the starter engage but not turn over? I mean can you hear a big click when you try to start? Starter's do still pack it in.
If you hold the key in the start position and wiggle it around a bit will it go then? Your ignition switch(WCM) could be at fault.
Have you tried your other keys? I see a lot of key failures. Remember they all have individual security built into them.
Running extra grounds is always a good idea. I rarely see this solving anything but it is cheap and easy to do.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I only have 13K miles on my 2012,but the warranty has run out....anyone know how to get Jeep to fix my vehicle?....I was told by a local service mech. to call Jeep Customer Service and see if they can fix my problems...anyone know how to get a hold of Jeep Customer Service?

·
Premium Member
6,910 Posts
I only have 13K miles on my 2012,but the warranty has run out....anyone know how to get Jeep to fix my vehicle?....I was told by a local service mech. to call Jeep Customer Service and see if they can fix my problems...anyone know how to get a hold of Jeep Customer Service?
Umm...maybe call or visit your local dealer's service department.

Otherwise, click on this link: CHOOSE ONE OF THESE METHODS TO CONTACT US

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I read some where if you put on after mkt lites,and hook it up to the reg lite switch,that it will cause codes to cross each other???? anyone know about that?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts