Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend my 2014 JKU Rubi turned itself off at a stoplight, 10 minutes after a start without any driver input. I had 2 passengers in the car and they both saw the same event. I slowed to a stop at a red light, waited for the light to change and before the light changed the whole car went dead. I then shifted the car back into park and it started right up and we were on our way.

This has happened twice before in my driveway and I just chocked it up to maybe I was still waking up and touched the key by accident.

The car was just in the dealer last week for its 10K check up, no codes were evident.

Has anyone else experienced this? Could it be related to the ignition problems at GM? If it happened at 60mph I'd be in trouble, especially in traffic here in D.C.

·
Registered
625 Posts
This weekend my 2014 JKU Rubi turned itself off at a stoplight, 10 minutes after a start without any driver input. I had 2 passengers in the car and they both saw the same event. I slowed to a stop at a red light, waited for the light to change and before the light changed the whole car went dead. I then shifted the car back into park and it started right up and we were on our way.

This has happened twice before in my driveway and I just chocked it up to maybe I was still waking up and touched the key by accident.

The car was just in the dealer last week for its 10K check up, no codes were evident.

Has anyone else experienced this? Could it be related to the ignition problems at GM? If it happened at 60mph I'd be in trouble, especially in traffic here in D.C.
It's got to be a DC thing! I had the exact same issue...turned out to be a tankful of bad/watered down gas from a gas station I bought in Georgetown...this was just about 10 days ago! Might want to top off with some 92 octane from a different gas station and see if the problem happens again.

Kudos for Manassas Jeep for not charging me for that.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's got to be a DC thing! I had the exact same issue...turned out to be a tankful of bad/watered down gas from a gas station I bought in Georgetown...this was just about 10 days ago! Might want to top off with some 92 octane from a different gas station and see if the problem happens again.

Kudos for Manassas Jeep for not charging me for that.
Good call on the gas. The only reason why I think it might be something else is that there wasn't any knocking before the car shut off. I'll put some good gas in and monitor some more. 3 or 4 times in the past 6 months will be real hard for the dealer to recreate.

Would you let me know if you experience it again?

Nice looking Jeep by the way! Not the most common vehicle in this city.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts