Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Illinois grl looking for jeep in OC/help me!

Hi guys, i saw this jeep online and it looks really nice but when i called, they said it had a rebuilt transmission. I really like this jeep and if it drives okay, i might buy it. I', wondering if you guys had any information on it or if someone can check it out for me

1995 JEEP WRANGLER

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Looks like from the pic that's its a 2.5L, those come with the AX-5 transmission. AX-5 is a weak transmission it can barely hold up to the little 4cly. But being rebuilt and if your looking for a pavement pounder then it looks pretty good. Im not liking the front shackles they seam too long but shouldn't hurt on road. Being its a 95 both frame and tub were galvanized dipped but still check for rust on the frame just in case. Other then that its not too bad, as for the price it seams pretty fair for the year/engine/mileage.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Are you shipping it out.. your locarion is Chicago and the jeep is in So. Cal... I shipped mine out from Alabama to AZthe cost was $1,000.00. Keep that in mind.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Have some one check for Rust on the Frame that is the worst thing, yes most can be fixed but it cost, if it's a 4 Cly. it's not the best free way runner, no jeep will give great MPG, the price is Good If the Jeep is Good! P.S. RUST?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys! Hearing that these jeeps always break down though is making me a little scared! I'm wondering if I should just fly out there because that way I'll get to actually see it. I just love love the mounted windshield wipers! So fetch lol. Maybe I should just look into newer 2.5L models for greater reliable security? But yes! Rust is icky and I'd rather buy a California wrangler than one elsewhere. Should I just skip out on this one guys since I'm hearing so many break down stories with this year wrangler?

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Thank you guys! Hearing that these jeeps always break down though is making me a little scared! I'm wondering if I should just fly out there because that way I'll get to actually see it. I just love love the mounted windshield wipers! So fetch lol. Maybe I should just look into newer 2.5L models for greater reliable security? But yes! Rust is icky and I'd rather buy a California wrangler than one elsewhere. Should I just skip out on this one guys since I'm hearing so many break down stories with this year wrangler?
I would save the air fare and pass on this one. That's a lot of miles for a 2.5 and too much $. When you look, go for a 6cyl. They hold up better. Those older 2.5's with FI don't really make it for the long haul. I'm trying not to bash 4cyl's but that's the way it is. You should be able to find a good one in your area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts