Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got really discouraged last year when my 2007 JKU smelled like a Molotov cocktail when the gas tank was full and none of the dealers could find a solution. No leaks, filler tube replaced (recall), etc. At any rate I traded it in on a 2014 Honda CR-V AWD to tow behind the motor home.

12 months later after fighting withdrawal I took the plunge once more into Jeep land and traded the CR-V to a 2018 JL unlimited. Dealer had it back from a 12 month lease and it looks almost unused, 10K miles.

This one is the Sport S version with a few nice add-ons. First upgrade I have planned are OEM running boards, used of course. I just like the looks and how they seem to belong there.

Blue Ox towing baseplate and trailer hitch are must haves before the end of the year, gotta be tow ready when I head to FL in January.

Stock headlights appear to be much improved over the old JK's I had but I like the 6000 K color of LED's. Any recommendations on just a lamp change to LED?

On down the road I would like to install a level up kit or go with a set of Rubi shocks and spings and get rid of the Goodyear 245/75R17 China bombs. Still have five nice looking 18" wheels from my JK years which would look great on the new JL.

Looking forward to spending more time here on the JL forum and getting educated.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Got really discouraged last year when my 2007 JKU smelled like a Molotov cocktail when the gas tank was full and none of the dealers could find a solution. No leaks, filler tube replaced (recall), etc. At any rate I traded it in on a 2014 Honda CR-V AWD to tow behind the motor home.

12 months later after fighting withdrawal I took the plunge once more into Jeep land and traded the CR-V to a 2018 JL unlimited. Dealer had it back from a 12 month lease and it looks almost unused, 10K miles.

This one is the Sport S version with a few nice add-ons. First upgrade I have planned are OEM running boards, used of course. I just like the looks and how they seem to belong there.

Blue Ox towing baseplate and trailer hitch are must haves before the end of the year, gotta be tow ready when I head to FL in January.

Stock headlights appear to be much improved over the old JK's I had but I like the 6000 K color of LED's. Any recommendations on just a lamp change to LED?

On down the road I would like to install a level up kit or go with a set of Rubi shocks and spings and get rid of the Goodyear 245/75R17 China bombs. Still have five nice looking 18" wheels from my JK years which would look great on the new JL.

Looking forward to spending more time here on the JL forum and getting educated.
Welcome back - I’m making the transition to JL as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts