Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a goodbye shout to all in the YJ Forum. Thanks for the advice along the way (well,sometimes). But, I know when I am defeated. Dont mistake this for someone just throwing in the towel because theyre too tired to go on, or for someone just being lazy and isnt motivated anymore. I just know that Ive gone as far as Im prepared to go. Its not "fun" anymore. You should check out my latest posts concerning 'spark' and youll see where I'm coming from. It used to be fun...I mean, shit would fail or breakdown,but fixing it instilled this pride only another Jeeper or other do-it-yrselfer would understand. This time around, I am beat...defeated..used up. When the thought of seeing this thing burn gives me pleasure, something isnt right and its time to give up. It is for sale..real cheap, and great for someone who is really patient, smart, can read a schematic, and is just plain into it...signing off, Sean. 1990 Jeep Wrangler, 258 I6, Auto.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Sorry to hear, but I sure do understand. Buy a TJ?

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Sell it for what you can get and try another JEEP!!!, maybe afew years newer that isn't all beat up or full of OPs mods. Good luck and come visit us now and then as we pound it out.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
although I do like the design, Ill have to say NO to buying a Jeep again. At lest one that needs so much work. Its my daily driver. so Im a little upset. If there was a way to keep it on the side and buy something new and keep the YJ as a project, then maybe. I just dont know where to begin with chasing this electrical gremlin. I could list everything Ive done to show that Im not just giving in to frustration here....

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
How long did you own the Jeep? When you buy such an old vehicle you should expect to run into problems that you can't figure out yourself. None of us like to admit it, but sometimes putting it in the shop is the best solution. It could be something simple to fix.

The reason I asked how long you owned it bc they way I see it is that you're 1: paying $250+ for a newer vehicle as a monthly payment, or 2: spending (occasionally) $250+ to have your old vehicle repaired each month (or upgraded to prevent part failure). My Jeep had problems, bad problems, and sometimes I had to shell out $500/$600 to have it repaired, it was better than paying $250+ a month -consistently- like my friends were, I pocketed that $ consistently. It's work, it's frustrating, and sometimes another good mechanic has to take a look and help you.

Did you try taking it to a shop and having it diagnosed and troubleshot? You never mentioned that, it sounds like you just gave up considering your own mechanical ability. Unless you can afford a new vehicle you'll probably be back in the same boat when you run into something else you don't know what to do. We all don't know everything, seek some professional help, just a suggestion.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Defcon 1 said:
How long did you own the Jeep? When you buy such a old vehicle you should expect to run into problems that you can't figure out yourself. None of us like to admit it, but sometimes putting it in the shop is the best solution. It could be something simple to fix.

The reason I asked how long you owned it bc they way I see it is that you're 1: paying $250+ for a newer vehicle as a monthly payment, or 2: spending (occasionally) $250+ to have your old vehicle repaired each month (or upgraded to prevent part failure).

Every now and then you won't have to sink money into it and it'll run like a tank. Did you try taking it to a shop and having it diagnosed and troubleshot? You never mentioned that, it sounds like you just gave up considering your own mechanical ability. Unless you can afford a new vehicle you'll probably be back in the same boat when you run into something else you don't know what to do. We all don't know everything, seek some professional help, just a suggestion.
well written x's 2

·
Registered
16 Posts
Man I never like hearing stuff like this! Sometimes it's best to take a step back. Or try and look at it a different way! I would keep it as a side project if you can

·
Registered
924 Posts
Bummer... hopefully you can find a dd and then keep the Jeep as a project. That may put the fun back into it. It's never fun working on cars because you NEED them to run, lol

And like someone else suggested, if you can't fix it, take it to a pro. I try to fix anything and everything I can on my old YJ, but if something gets the best of me... it's time to pay!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wiring diagram

The only thing I can hope for is a decent wiring diagram. Something simpler to follow than the one in the Haynes manual. Its got to be a wiring problem. I mean, 12 volts being applied to the distributor should do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts