Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought this Jeep used and it came with what I'm about 92.7% sure is an e-autogrilles Rock Crawler front bumper.

First, can someone confirm my suspicion and second, at the risk of starting a fight, when I put a wench on this thing is it gonna stay on my Jeep? I see it on ebay for less than $300. Can something that cheap be any good?

Signed,
Tentative in Topeka

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Depends on How Fast you Drive. All but the most daring usually Jump off at about 20 MPH.

Seriously though, That looks like a robust bumper.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
It's a solid bumper. BTW, 100% e-autogrilles.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I love my cheap e-autogrilles bumper that thing is solid, granted I have not stalled my winch out with it yet.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Depends on How Fast you Drive. All but the most daring usually Jump off at about 20 MPH.

Seriously though, That looks like a robust bumper.
Duh, spelling is key, right? Wench vs Winch. No, that's not a Freudian slip. Not at all.

Thank folks. Feeling a little better about it now. 20 MPH indeed.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I just ordered and installed that exact same bumper last month.

Love it. And it's plenty stout.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I almost bought that bumper for my 15 jku, but extreme terrain had a black friday sale on the barricade bumpers last year that was too good for me to pass up. Ive heard nothing but good things about e-autogrilles stuff however.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Your bigger concern should be getting rid of that 'angry birds eyebrow' grill thing you have going on there.
hahaha x2
Funny! I'm actually more bummed by the KC spots. Not a fan of those. Waiting to change those out when I put a winch (properly spelled this time) and a small light bar on the stinger.

Kinda like the anger for now, but may change in later when funds are a little more available. Spending a lot of dough on this years family vacation and a section hike my son and I are doing on the AT in late May early June.

Signed,
Angry in Anchorage

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
I know of the welds snapping when pulling from the d rings. Also their bumpers rust within a week of installing them if it rains. The powder coat which I'm not sure is in fact truly powder coat starts flaking off in chips as well. Just a heads up for anyone that thinks about buying these.

·
Registered
752 Posts
So I bought this Jeep used and it came with what I'm about 92.7% sure is an e-autogrilles Rock Crawler front bumper.

First, can someone confirm my suspicion and second, at the risk of starting a fight, when I put a wench on this thing is it gonna stay on my Jeep? I see it on ebay for less than $300. Can something that cheap be any good?

Signed,
Tentative in Topeka
I've had the e auto sliders on for about three years. Well built and no peeling or cracking of powder coating.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I know of the welds snapping when pulling from the d rings. Also their bumpers rust within a week of installing them if it rains. The powder coat which I'm not sure is in fact truly powder coat starts flaking off in chips as well. Just a heads up for anyone that thinks about buying these.
I've had mine on now for almost two months and plenty of rain showers. No rust and no powder coat flaking off in chips.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Still happy with it? How was the shipping and finish of the bumper? Weight?
It's great. Shipping was via FedEx ground and they took proper care. They list the shipping weight around 95lbs but I think the bumper itself is much less. I carried it from the living room to the garage with one hand.

More than stock, though. I'd say the front end dropped about 1/2" when I put it on.

Some pics:

eAutogrilles Bumper

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
I've had mine on now for almost two months and plenty of rain showers. No rust and no powder coat flaking off in chips.
It happened to mine in less than a week.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts