Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, have them in the 16 Rubicon, ordered it with them and I will say money well spent!
YES, you can get the from eBay and save a butt-load of money but I didn't want to deal with getting them and putting them on because of a trip I made with the vehicle as soon as it was picked up.

These make my ride super quite!
I don't get much of the outside noise inside the cab. My other Rubi's 2012 and the 2013 were much noisier than this one.
Better radio sound as well.

So if you get them from the factory or buy the Mopar ones otherwise...
GET THEM!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
My sales guy didn't let me order them because he said they were a waste of money. I know it's likely untrue, as any little bit of noise absorption is going to help, but i wanted to paint the inside of my top black anyway and figured i didn't want to fuss with them, might do them aftermarket.

Out of curiosity, are they easily removed or are they glued in?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Looks cool on google images. Like the Black on white.

Anyone install looks pretty straight forward, are they adhesive backed? Or do you have use some spray adhesive?

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Mopar liner uses double sided sticky tape. Install is easy. Peel & stick.

I'm sure it can be removed. Not sure of it would come off cleanly or be reusable.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Mopar liner uses double sided sticky tape. Install is easy. Peel & stick.

I'm sure it can be removed. Not sure of it would come off cleanly or be reusable.
I have never seen any peel & stick that would stay on things like the under side of a hardtop sitting in the hot sun. Everything I have ever tried would fall off with a hot sun hiting it.

·
Super Moderator
10,667 Posts
I love the Mopar Headliners on both my JKs: it muffles noise, keeps the interior cooler in summer and warmer in winter.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
OP I agree with you. They're well worth the money spent on them. I don't have any comparison, but I have been happy with the results in my '16 JKRHR

My sales guy didn't let me order them because he said they were a waste of money.

If this were me, I'd be finding a different sales guy, especially with you ordering. You should be able to get whatever options that you want, provided they're available.

Exco

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is there a forum vendor that has a deal on them or a preferred vendor? I have ordered quite a few items from Quadratec is that where you guys get them from? Thanks!

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
I have never seen any peel & stick that would stay on things like the under side of a hardtop sitting in the hot sun. Everything I have ever tried would fall off with a hot sun hiting it.
The sticky tape that comes with boom mats holds very well here in the Texas sun. Going on 2 years now and as good as new.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Happy with my factory ordered head liners, worth it IMO!!

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Got mine through Quadratech, contact Rick for pricing. Easy to install, I put mine in after painting interior of hardtop to match exterior. Posted about it in another thread, or two, a few months ago. No issues at all. Pretty sure it was cheaper than adding to factory order.

·
Registered
21 Posts
is there a difference between the boommat and Mopar headliners? There is about a $90 difference in price on Quadratech's website.

·
Premium Member
7,481 Posts
We have the Boom Mat headliners from Quadratec. They are available in 3 colors and for under $170 the price was right. We installed them over 3 years ago and no problems with them as far as coming loose or anything.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I bought the HotHead Headliners and am happy with them. So far so good and the temps here reach 105 on a regular basis during the summer, so the double sided tape they use holds up to the heat.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
The Mopar Six(6) piece set is removable and re-installable. My set is in my second Jeep now. It was a bugger to remove, anyone wondering if that sticky (3M) tape is going to hold. Trust me, it'll Hold.

Great Mod IMO. Got mine from Rick at Qtec.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts