Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a lift yet but I recently ran into two local jeepers who are running BB's with 33's and I absolutely love the look. 35's, to me, just fill the wheel well too much unless you have like a 3.5" lift or higher. Am I retarded?

·
Registered
781 Posts
I'm with you. I think 35s look a little stuffed in to a 2-2.5" lift. I'm going to go with 33" dura tracks (which are actually like 32.6" or something) with a 2.5" lift.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm with you. I think 35s look a little stuffed in to a 2-2.5" lift. I'm going to go with 33" dura tracks (which are actually like 32.6" or something) with a 2.5" lift.
I have 33's and no lift and I think it looks stuffed... Just my opinion.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I run 35's with a 2 inch lift. I guess it may seem a little "stuffed" to some people, but to me it looks pretty proportional. I like the look better compared to too much lift and not enough tire.

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I run 35's with a 2 inch lift. I guess it may seem a little "stuffed" to some people, but to me it looks pretty proportional. I like the look better compared to too much lift and not enough tire.
I'm not saying it's ugly by any means. I agree about too much lift and not enough tire. 2.5" lift with non-mud ties looks a little strange to me.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'm not saying it's ugly by any means. I agree about too much lift and not enough tire. 2.5" lift with non-mud ties looks a little strange to me.
Honestly, I don't think you could go wrong with either. I just felt at the time if I had chose 33's, I would have regretted it. Don't get me wrong, I've considered going the 33 route when these go bald, but I doubt I will.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Honestly, I don't think you could go wrong with either. I just felt at the time if I had chose 33's, I would have regretted it. Don't get me wrong, I've considered going the 33 route when these go bald, but I doubt I will.
No doubt... Just something I noticed and was seeing if anyone else felt the same way I do.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
361 Posts
No doubt... Just something I noticed and was seeing if anyone else felt the same way I do.
It can be difficult to establish that "perfect" look. Everyone has their own opinion I guess. I wish I had an extra inch of lift, but I don't lose sleep over it. It doesn't make or break the look of my Jeep. The dealership only offered it under warranty for a 2" lift so there was no way I was going any bigger. Maybe in the future, but I'm fine where I sit now.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It can be difficult to establish that "perfect" look. Everyone has their own opinion I guess. I wish I had an extra inch of lift, but I don't lose sleep over it. It doesn't make or break the look of my Jeep. The dealership only offered it under warranty for a 2" lift so there was no way I was going any bigger. Maybe in the future, but I'm fine where I sit now.
Ya, I've noticed how difficult it is to get the perfect look! I'm going to toss a 2.5 and see if it's perfect to me.

·
Rock-Rubber
16,971 Posts

Just picking :rofl:

Don't stock rubis run close a 33 stock?

Seems strange to me for a TJ and JK to "need" the same amount of lift to run the same tires but the JK is much larger and comes with bigger tires stock. What matters is what you like in the end :thumb:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Like Khan said... If you think it looks stuffed, those flat fenders immediately fix that problem for cheaper than what more lift would cost. I'm nervous to do a flat fender install myself. Seems like a PITA.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
35s on a 3-3.5 look right and function right

35s on a 2.5 look stuffed and don't function fully

33s on a 2.5 look right and function right

33s on a 1.5 look right and function right

33s and no lift look stuffed and don't function fully

·
Registered
2012 JK
453 Posts
I don't have a lift yet but I recently ran into two local jeepers who are running BB's with 33's and I absolutely love the look. 35's, to me, just fill the wheel well too much unless you have like a 3.5" lift or higher. Am I retarded?
No...no you aren't....

Not all alone....not so alone....

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm going no higher than 34" (w/2.5") but I prefer the look of an overlander vice a rock crawler- either look will work at Starbucks/malls regardless...

and to add the 10AE has 31.7" tires from Toledo.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I actually like the look of 35's with a leveling kit and flat fender flares myself on the JKU and will probably be what i go with when it is time to replace the tires on my 2012.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts