Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put a 350 in my 90 yj. It has a 4 cylinder in it now. I was wondering whats the best motor to choose, what transmission to get, and do I need to upgrade my suspension. right no I have pro comp 2.5 lift, 31 tires.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
You still have stock axles? Because if you do the torque alone will most likely destroy the ready weak D 35. But as far as the engine trans ? Search the stickies tab for this. You will find many write-ups.

·
Registered
442 Posts
8.8 ford is what most people use. Lots of different opinions and options of motor and trans. Generally it's easiest to get motor trans transfer out of the same vehicle. The best advice I can give is to read as many threads as you can on motor swaps and build threads to see all that is involved. It really depends on what you plan to do with your jeep on wether or not you need axles, I've heard of many people that never switched from the 35

·
Registered
209 Posts
hi we are starting the same swap right now we chose a 1990 model chevy truck with a 350 tbi with a 5 speed and it had been swapped to a dana 44 up front. we chose the tbi 350 because there is tons of info on swapping them to other vehicles. i plan on getting the motor and tranny out tomorrow and getting it ready for install in 2 weeks and plan on doing the axle swap the weekend after that should give me time to get the engine wired if i run into issues. ill keep you posted on how it goes.

image-1575720359.jpg

this is the donor truck

image-3483329059.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts