Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I drove out of state, 2.5hrs away, to go get my 2006 LJ unlimited, with only 20k miles! I am so psyched. I owe alot of it to this forum and members. I joined, and asked questions about rust on a 2004 TJ that I was looking at. I got opinions and advice. One point of advice that was given, was to expand my search. I was literally one day away from buying the 2004 "X". I figured, what the heck, I'll expand my search on craigs list. I came a across a 2006 LJ Unlimited, with 20k miles. The seller promptly sent me extra pics and answered all my questions. No rust, no off roading, basically a seasonal toy for him. This forum and it's members helped me go from a decent find, to a great one! I love the longer wheelbase, and trunk space.

I paid closer to blue book than some of you would have, so it wasn't a "great" deal, but I did get some things that I was planning to buy later anyhow, and I had been looking for half a yr or so, and hadn't found a jeep with no rust, and low miles, like this one, so I couldn't pass it up. So thanks you guys, and I am sure I will be learning alot more on these forums in the near future.

-the soft top is near new
-came with a trail mesh top
-2 inch lift and shocks
-16inch rims and tires
-stock rims and tires are brand new/never used
-nice front bumper
-rocker guards
-Dana 44 rear end, which I wasn't going to get with the "X"

Overall, I consider myself extremely lucky. I got more than I was hoping for. here's to years of jeeping! lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
959 Posts
Hey man good for you! Sweet LJ!! 2.5 hours? Heck, that's just a drive down to the store to get beer around here! ;) Great find!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I remember seeing your post about the X! glad you found such a sweet deal on a jeep you can be proud of. welcome to the family, i'll see you out there haha.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Congrats and If there's one thing I learned with the Jeep's I've owned is that if they're in good condition they're worth more than the silly book it's crazy how expensive some are and yet they never last long for sale. If it's in good condition like you say it is baby it and I'm sure you'll get your money back one day maybe even some extra.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Darn. I'm torn about your purchase because it's SO nice for a jeep. A fine specimen indeed. As such, can't really justify taking it off road and banging it up. Regardless, I think I could have a blast with it even if I kept it on road!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Now you are in the same boat that I am in. I bought an 03 gold Rubicon with 20K miles a few months ago and it is mint. No rust, perfect paint, 4 in lift,35s, 4.56s,winch, bumpers, you name it. I don't think it ever went over a speed bump. I wanted a Jeep to use and this one is almost too nice. It looks much better in my garage than my Corvette did though. It will be a blast all spring, summer and fall but I don't know how much real abuse it will get.
Good luck with the LJ.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Eh a jeeps a jeep you can use it and not devalue it too much so long as you're smart about it haha. And if not then ask yourself this question: why did you start looking for a jeep in the first place?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts