Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a new cap, rotor, plugs, wires, upstream o2 sensor and throttle position sensor and it still does it. Does anybody have any new ideas?

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Can you explain the shudder? When does it happen.... how long.... certain range of RPM... ETC.....

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TnDz TJ said:
Can you explain the shudder? When does it happen.... how long.... certain range of RPM... ETC.....
About 2000rpm in fifth gear it starts. If I back off the throttle until about 2200rpm it evens out and pulls smooth again. It's only right in that rpm range. It occurs occasionally in fourth gear as well but not typically.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Is it an engine shudder or a drivetrain shudder... sounds to me like a drivetrain issue as in harmonics maybe... like tires or ujoints.... drawing at straws here since I don't have first hand experience with your Jeep.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
No offence, you should have kept updting your original thread as opposed to starting 3-4 seperate threads.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TnDz TJ said:
Is it an engine shudder or a drivetrain shudder... sounds to me like a drivetrain issue as in harmonics maybe... like tires or ujoints.... drawing at straws here since I don't have first hand experience with your Jeep.
That's a thought. It feels like I lose pulling power when it happens though so it feels like engine. I'm not sure though, the only similar issue I had was in an old Nissan but it was carbeurated not fuel injected.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
hmm.... sounds strange..... I wish I could physically experience what you describe.... it would be a lot better to try and solve the issue....

If you keep it in forth the entire time, can you replicate the shudder over and over or is it random? Have you tried this?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TnDz TJ said:
hmm.... sounds strange..... I wish I could physically experience what you describe.... it would be a lot better to try and solve the issue....

If you keep it in forth the entire time, can you replicate the shudder over and over or is it random? Have you tried this?
Rather in forth or fifth I can't replicate it consistently. I tried after I did the o2 sensor and thought it was fixed. Maybe an injector? Wouldn't it misfire through the whole rpm band if it was that though?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts