Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 TJ Unlimited, it's completely stock. I need new tires and want to go up in size. I think I want 32" tires judging from the pics I've seen on here. After doing a bunch of reading I have decided that I need to do a 2" lift. I might end up doing a 1" body lift on top of it.

Here's my question...

I'm trying to shop for wheels and tires and am finding that none of the popular tire sites (tire rack, discount tire, etc) list tire size in a format that shows 31, 32, 33. Instead it's 215/75/R15?!?

Where can I go to find out what size tires I should be running in the format shown on the tire sites? Is there some translation calculator? Or better yet, can someone list for me the standard tire sizes that map to 32" for my TJ??

Thanks. And yes, I did search the forums.

Aaron

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
For metric converter, take 1st number, multiply by decimal of second number, divide by 25.4 to convert millimeters to inches, multiply x2 and then add nominal wheel diameter.

EX 285/70-17

285 x 0.7 = 199.5
199.5/25.4 = 7.85
7.85 x 2 = 15.7
15.7 + 17 = 32.7 theoretical diameter

Also Randy's (ringpinion.com) has a tire height converter that you can use.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Tire rack you have to scroll down further when selecting tire size in order to get to the 30s below the P series.

I ordered 33 x 12.50 x 15's , five of them and rims in the morning one day and the next day they were mounted balance delivered and sitting on my front porch.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Tire rack you have to scroll down further when selecting tire size in order to get to the 30s below the P series.

I ordered 33 x 12.50 x 15's , five of them and rims in the morning one day and the next day they were mounted balance delivered and sitting on my front porch.
What he said !! This applies to all of the internet tire websites.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts