Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a complete CJ7 front end, and sold my YJ front end to a guy that wrecked his YJ. I know that many of the square headlight faithful on here will be irked by the change, but personally, I dig the classic look. Below is a before and after pic. I didn't take a before shot of the hood. All of the parts were solid, except for the hood. It had a lot of heavy rust and rot, but it was straight at least. I know I can patch her up, and give her a new lease on life.

After a thorough sandblasting to rid of every spec of rust and old paint, followed by 2 coats of 2 part epoxy primer, she doesn't look half bad. Lots of welding on the hood, and lots of block sanding ahead.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Its your Jeep fix it up how ever you like it

·
Registered
111 Posts
I like the oldshchool look also... Yea its your Jeep do as you will... If people would pay for my parts Id put it to a vote...lol

·
Registered
195 Posts
So will the CJ frontend bolt up or will you have to modify anything? Looks good by the way. I've had 3 CJs over the years and I love 'em.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Kernal Clink said:
So will the CJ frontend bolt up or will you have to modify anything? Looks good by the way. I've had 3 CJs over the years and I love 'em.
The inner fenders will need trimmed for clearance, the front body mount doesn't line up, and the plugs for the llights and signals are not the same. Nothing too compliacted or difficult.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Ehh do what you want. I think the transition of a cj hood on a yj makes it more "jeep" like. Not because I'm against any type of headlight but because I like the idea of mismatched parts.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Round headlights only suck if they come on anything newer than a YJ ....who can argue with classic.

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
I'm doing the same conversion to my YJ. :thumb:
Keep the pics coming!

·
Registered
25 Posts
A few FACTS:
Rectangle headlights ARE kinda cool.
YJ does NOT stand for "Yuppie Jeep".
Jeeps should only have TWO doors.
You should ALWAYS wave at other JEEP drivers. :wavey:
Love the signature and may steal parts of it.....
Guys will wave back, the woman normally don't even see me wave, but I wave anyway...:wavey:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Love the signature and may steal parts of it.....
Guys will wave back, the women normally don't even see me wave, but I wave anyway...:wavey:
Oh, they see you..:rofl:

jk.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I'm sure this will ruffle some feathers...
Might bug the CJ guys to know there is a YJ trotting around disguised as a CJ, but I think its a fun change you dont see too often...

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
while I wouldn't do it personally, I can appreciate the time and effort being put into it. looks good.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts