Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting a lift on my 06 Jeep LJ. This is what I'm getting
3" BDS suspension
front and rear lower control arms
steering stabilizer
A SYE and new shaft

the tires I'm looking to get are 33x10.5 on 15's
they're the stock rims.

So guys what do you think? Am I covering all the bases? What about the lift? Is BDS a good one, I know the warranty is one of the best. Thanks for the help guys

·
Motorized toy collector
3,763 Posts
SYE and no rear upper adj. CA's? I would think that you would need those too, along with the adj. track bars.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Adjustable track bars? What do these do? I'm not really a rock crawler. This is mostly just light trails while I figure out how to off road

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
Adjustable track bars? What do these do? I'm not really a rock crawler. This is mostly just light trails while I figure out how to off road
track bars keep the axle centered under the vehicle. when you change the height of the vehicle, the track bars now pull the axles off-center. If you don't do something the axles will be off center, which cause other issues...like the tires rubbing on stuff.

that doesn't mean you need adjustable track bars, there are other ways to solve the problem. in fact, adjustables can cause more issues than they solve in some cases. many aftermarket bars don't have the same bends as stock, so they can actually cause major interference issues....most commonly, the track bar hits the diff cover or the tie-rod in front.

Read this thread: tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit? - JeepForum.com

alternative ways to recenter the axles include a relocation bracket for the rear, and drilling a new hole in front. Welding the relocation bracket on, and reinforcing the mounts is also required to ensure proper strength is retained. In front, you can also cut the track bar in the middle and extend it with a piece of tube by sleeving it, then welding it back together. In the rear you need the relocation bracket, even with an adjustable track bar, otherwise the bar will bind on the stock closest top type bracket under droop.

·
Registered
698 Posts
You will NOT be Sorry !! :dance:

BDS offers 2 separate 3" suspension lifts. With the Basic you can ADD only the upgrades of your choosing, and with their Ultimate, it provides you everything needed for the serious Wheeler. Here's their breakdown on what the kits provide.

This BDS 3" suspension lift has many upgrades available. You can choose the base kit and upgrade individual components or choose the Ultimate kit that gives you the most popular upgrades with a low package price.
The 3" base lift comes with front and rear Pro-Ride Coil Springs. In addition, front and rear bump stop extensions to control compression travel and cam bolts for proper alignment are included. The rear track bar relocation bracket, centers the axle while the longer rear sway bar links help fight body roll. For the most possible articulation, easy one handed operation, BDS ultimate sway bar disconnects are included. As always, all non-wear items are covered by the BDS No Fine Print Warranty.
The 3" system has also been put together with a complete upgrade package with a reduced price. Suggested $730.00
Then up from there depending on YOUR CHOOSEN UPGRADES.
( I went with this one, and only added what I wanted)
Not the least bit disappointed with the System.

Add: $1,253.69 for
The ultimate kit that adds adjustable front and rear lower control arms and front and rear upper adjustable control arms to provide the most flexibility possible. Both upper and lower control arms come with greasable urethane bushings. Front and rear stainless steel brake lines and a front adjustable track bar complete the list of upgrades to this impressive system.

NOTES :
  • 1. A steering stabilizer and fixed lower control arms are recommended.
  • 2. Manual transmission models may need the shifter opening in the floorboard enlarged.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts