Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Later this year, I would like to do Imogene Pass around the third week in October.
At 13,000 and fall weather, is this route still open and doable in a 2008 2dr Rubicon?
I remember the Donner party!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
It can be a real crap shoot by that time of year. Just depends on the weather. If you really want to be sure that it will be passable, I'd suggest moving that trip up a few weeks.

·
Commercial Member
2,059 Posts
Last year we went there towards the later part of Sept and everything was open and closed on a day by day basis. You could run half of a lot of trails, but only a handful of trails from start to finish. I'll try and add my photos from that trip to my site this evening to give you an idea of what kind of snow you can run into a month or so earlier than your planned trip.

·
Registered
588 Posts
It's a 80/20 chance. So not good, that's getting real late in the year. Not knowing your plans or expectations, keep in mind that a good portion of the businesses will close early, or may have closed for the season.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts