Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys/gals, does anyone know how much of an impact the removal of a jku hardtop has on the rake of the vehicle?

i currently have a 1/2" rake in the front and i'm weighing out my options of doing a leveling kit (2" front/1" rear vs just 1/2" front spacers). without actually removing the top, i wanted to see if my rake would go to 1" once the top was removed.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I really had no difference in stance running with my hardtop on or off as there isn't a huge difference in weight like a heavy bumper and winch sitting all up front would be. The top is much much lighter and spread out more over the vehicle.

Also doors off too and still sits nice and level.

I'm running the Teraflex leveling lift by the way.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really had no difference in stance running with my hardtop on or off as there isn't a huge difference in weight like a heavy bumper and winch sitting all up front would be. The top is much much lighter and spread out more over the vehicle.

Also doors off too and still sits nice and level.

I'm running the Teraflex leveling lift by the way.

looks good vans. i'm definitely over thinking, my thought was if i have a 1/2" front rake and add 2" up front and 1" in the rear, aren't i now leaning 1/2" in the back?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I never had much rake, it's not as noticeable on a 2 door as it is on a 4 door and my Jeep sits perfectly level after the addition of the leveling kit. I actually measured the height as per another members request a few weeks ago and the front and back were identical heights so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

You could always look for a 1.5" spacer for the front and a 1" for the rear. They pretty much make any size spacer you want just search around.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You could always look for a 1.5" spacer for the front and a 1" for the rear. They pretty much make any size spacer you want just search around.
that definitely crossed my mind. at 1.5" in the front, the stock sway bar links are too short and the ones provided by teraflex are too long..that was my only issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.