Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only have 200 miles on my Jeep and I know it will improve a little but im only getting 15mpg. Can anyine recommend a good intake system or exhaust or whatever I can do to help? This Jeep will be my daily driver and if I get this job im going for its going to be 60 miles round trip 5 days a week

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
I only have 200 miles on my Jeep and I know it will improve a little but im only getting 15mpg. Can anyine recommend a good intake system or exhaust or whatever I can do to help? This Jeep will be my daily driver and if I get this job im going for its going to be 60 miles round trip 5 days a week
Judging from your avatar, your Jeep's not stock. What mods have you done?

Intakes and exhausts aren't gonna net you much.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm getting about the same mileage at 300 miles. My expecations as it will improve a bit more as it works in. Frankly I'm coming from a Chevy Avalanche that got 12 mpg. I'm thrilled with 15 !! I've gone from $95 per tank to $55.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Try letting your foot off the gas a little more......just to make it interesting, set your cruise control to the speed limit and see how many cars you can get following directly behind you before any can pass. I've gotten up to 8. :rofl: I average close to 20MPG AND I get to enjoy my Jeep more on the commute to work!:thumb:

·
Registered
530 Posts
as far as i know there aren't any mods that are going to improve mpg, but many that will decrease mpg. what gears do you have? lifted? and what tires are you running?

·
Registered
517 Posts
I can tell you that how you drive will have a bigger impact on your mpg's than any bolt on that you may find.

My JKU only has 1200 miles on it and I have seen my mpg improve from 17 up to almost 19 mpg as the engine is breaking in. Now my daily commute is mostly two-lane highway with an average speed of 45-50 mph. You add a bunch of stop and go, stand-still traffic, quick starts or speeds greater than ~70mph and the mpg will go down pretty fast. I have tried to keep my rpm's below 2500 for the most part and the "ECO" displayed as much as possible. Now I know that this is pretty boring, but it sure helps. Even with a few pedal mashing starts to keep some H3 from cutting me off, I am still getting almost 19 mpg.

I am planning on doing the first oil change this weekend, swapping over to Mobile 1 synthetic. That may help a little.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Easy on the skinny pedal

15 is about average in town

20 average on interstate.

Jeeps arnt green transportation

Fyi

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have 1300 miles on my 2012 4 door. Have the 3:21 gears. Stock tires and no mods. I'm pulling down a solid 17 in the city. Have not checked HWY miles just yet. This is figuring it the old fashioned way and not what the on board computer says. :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts