Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the problem with the stupid thing leaking from the top where the little clips are and have been driving it for a while like that. :hide: leak isn't that bad lol. But anyway back to the point. I need a good replacement radiator and I'm not looking into spending a ton of money on it what do you guys recommend?

I see that this guy got his 3 core for 155 but cannot find it for that price any more I guess Jeep TJ - Metal 3 Core Radiator Installation

So what do you guys recommend? :popcorn:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Same happening to mine. Loose about 8 ounces of coolant a month. After all the reading I have done, I heard most recommend the OEM single core.

·
Registered
442 Posts
eeeekk is that a fail safe t-stat i see ^^^ those things are worthless. Our jeeps run too hot for them. Mine stuck open two days after installing it :facepalm: lesson learned.

FWIW . . . I installed a factory replacement and all is still good.

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
I know of three jeeps on here running radiator barn radiators (one of them being mine) and haven't seen an issue with any of them.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the replies guys! So it seems that most recommend oem?

I know of three jeeps on here running radiator barn radiators (one of them being mine) and haven't seen an issue with any of them.
Now what did you pay for it? On the link I posted he says he got his 3 core for 155 and change shipped? And cannot find one for that price that is a 3core

·
Registered
312 Posts
DevilDogDoc said:
Yep that's quite possibly the worst choice anyone could make in coolant...
Um...what is right and what is wrong? Sorry in advance for my ignorance.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Dexcool is quite possibly the worst coolant ever made. The correct coolant is the regular green for the older models and Zerex G-05 for the newer ones. The Zerex is the equivelant of the Mopar fluid, just a different color.

·
Registered
312 Posts
DevilDogDoc said:
Dexcool is quite possibly the worst coolant ever made. The correct coolant is the regular green for the older models and Zerex G-05 for the newer ones. The Zerex is the equivelant of the Mopar fluid, just a different color.
Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Got mine from Radiator Barn. Quick delivery, no dings from the shipper and it fit. While you have the radiator out is a good time to put on new hoses. Lots more room to work in.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got mine from Radiator Barn. Quick delivery, no dings from the shipper and it fit. While you have the radiator out is a good time to put on new hoses. Lots more room to work in.
3core? Price?

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Why are you set on a 3 row rad? In a TJ it's going to run hotter with it not cooler. If you have ever seen what the desert racers run? 1 row aluminum just like your TJ came with fro the factory.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Why are you set on a 3 row rad? In a TJ it's going to run hotter with it not cooler. If you have ever seen what the desert racers run? 1 row aluminum just like your TJ came with fro the factory.
:Rofl: I forgot to ask which was better! That's why, it's getting late :facepalm::rofl: so like I said above most recommend the oem ones but I want something that is going to last more than another 100,000 miles. I'm just looking for the cheapest and best I can get :wavey:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts