Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of Aug's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it's been a couple weeks since I found this lovely hole in my muffler... So Ive been looking for mufflers for awhile and not really sure whats the best to get I don't want to spend 80 bucks but I'm worried the ones I have found for $37-$50 aren't going to last as long. I'm just hoping anyone out there knows the goods and the bad's? My wrangler is a 95 Rio grande 4.0

Attachments

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
The straight pipe is also quite loud and can annoy some people, especially if you drive it on a longer trip. You get tickets around here for it, too. I run a $35 thrush welded. It hasn't rusted out after 2 years, and it gives it a good tone, and I get a little better gas mileage.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Girl, $80? For a muffler? I personally don't see that as being a bad price if it includes the shipping to you.

I wouldn't do the straight pipe thing, for one it gets annoying after a while, and another, most states it is illegal as well. If Ore, has inspection laws, it most likely wouldn't pass without a muffler. Besides the fact that the engine is designed to be run with the back pressure of a muffler in the system.

If you are afraid of spending $80 for a part on your Jeep, you might want to think about a different vehicle. Just sayin'. I have an 87, and I have spent over $10K in parts in the past 4 yrs rebuilding it one step at a time. $80 bucks ,,sheesh, I wish.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Girl, $80? For a muffler? I personally don't see that as being a bad price if it includes the shipping to you.

I wouldn't do the straight pipe thing, for one it gets annoying after a while, and another, most states it is illegal as well. If Ore, has inspection laws, it most likely wouldn't pass without a muffler. Besides the fact that the engine is designed to be run with the back pressure of a muffler in the system.

If you are afraid of spending $80 for a part on your Jeep, you might want to think about a different vehicle. Just sayin'. I have an 87, and I have spent over $10K in parts in the past 4 yrs rebuilding it one step at a time. $80 bucks ,,sheesh, I wish.
Not fear I guess after living with my dad for 16 years I got his cheap don't want to spend money mind set... I'm okay with spending money for something good. I guess what I should have said is If I can get a good one for $50 instead of $180 then I'd rather do that.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I can't see the price on the one from napa but it looks like the one I was looking at on amazon. It's called Walker 21200 Quiet flow and the price is 76. I figured if i can't make it sound like a v8, I'd try to make it so i can't hear it :)

·
Registered
879 Posts
if they use salt on the roads, go with stainless. summitracing has a good selection

the cheap ones will be done in 2 winters

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.