Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been thinking about getting some new springs for my 99 sahara but as always, money is an issue. has anyone replaced the stock springs with a set of springs from an xj or other vehicle? if so what were the results? not concerned about gaining inches as much as i am about getting a newer and better quality of spring. if so i will be searching the junk yards over the next couple of weeks...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well that would cover the newer part but i am looking for something with a better spring rate and maybe an inch taller. have anything in mind?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i have heard of this but i already have spacers as my lift and want to keep them but get a spring that is around 1" taller.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I hear that Rubicon Springs are an inch taller. THere is a complete Rubicon suspension for sale on craigslist in Houston right now.

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
thats not true.
my TJ sagged in the front. my dealer installed some rubi springs in the front on warranty to solve that. they have the same size, but they are much harder. my front came up about .25" with rubi springs but handling is very uncomfortable now.

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
You looking for stock springs? I have a set with maybe 8000 miles on them. edit... missed the inch taller thing. If you want them though, shipping's all they'll cost you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts