Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

In full obsess mode..

Looking at buying a used Unlimited. It will likely be either a Sahara or Sport. It WILL be a 5 sp.

Looking at a couple options - and may have questions as I move along.

Could anyone tell me - were BOTH hard and soft-tops standard on SPORT and SAHARA 08/09/10? Looking at a 10 that for some reason doesn't have the soft top but is mint condition.

Need to be armed with all the info for meeting with Stealer.

Anything I should look out for in those years? Ones Im looking at are =<50k KMS.

Appreciate any help.

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
Westy said:
Hi folks,

In full obsess mode..

Looking at buying a used Unlimited. It will likely be either a Sahara or Sport. It WILL be a 5 sp.

Looking at a couple options - and may have questions as I move along.

Could anyone tell me - were BOTH hard and soft-tops standard on SPORT and SAHARA 08/09/10? Looking at a 10 that for some reason doesn't have the soft top but is mint condition.

Need to be armed with all the info for meeting with Stealer.

Anything I should look out for in those years? Ones Im looking at are =<50k KMS.

Appreciate any help.
I'm a little confused on the transmission. The used ones(07-11 I presume?) only came in a 4spd auto or 6spd manual. Either way, you can find both transmissions in both the X/sport and Sahara.

No jeeps were ever standard with the dual top group, but they were more prevalent in the saharas. You can buy both hardtops and soft tops used on Craigslist and other sites if you buy one with just a single top

Words of advice: don't buy anything with a lift because people add lifts to wheel and technically wheeling puts extra wear on it and you want to be the only one to wheel it. On that same note, look at the skid plates underneath and make sure they aren't dented. They are contoured tho so keep that in mind. Dents=dragging the undercarriage on rocks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry bout that mistyped - 6 sp is what I meant to type.

Thanks for the info, Ive looked at a couple so far - havent found the right one yet.

Ive been watching skid plates closely and not interested in anything thats been mod'd in any way.

Again, appreciate the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts