Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
newWheels06 said:
This is my first time posting in the jeep forum by the way. But, I have a 2000 jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo and looking to get a TJ. Something way more fun right! I have been looking here in Louisiana but there aren't too many around or at a decent price. I was wondering what you guys think about buying out of state. I have found a 1997 TJ I am really interested in, in Ohio. The hard part is I know I can't test drive it and check the gears ,or look under it for huge rust growths, is it still worth it to go out there? Or what should I do?
Stay away from any jeep from Ohio, Michigan , Indiana, or any where northeast of those states. They don't call it the rust belt for nothing.. Unless of course the seller can guarantee there is no rust.. I'm in south central PA, very mild winters, and virtually no rust as I vary rarely drive on salted roads, when I do a thorough power washing is immediate... Good luck !!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts