Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the 2.5" RC discos for the 2-2,5" lift. Anyways, it says to adjust them to 10" but that defiantly will not go the distance, I can unthread them to length but then I'm barley threaded on. Yikes. My question is.. Am I going to have to undo the sway bar brackets to loosen it up and bring it down so the links can meet that 10"?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
23,483 Posts
just pull it down it is only held in place by friction it moves up and down.

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
What do you mean it won't go the distance? You can rotate the whole sway bar down to the 10" clearance when it's disconnected from the axle.

·
Super Moderator
23,483 Posts
it needs to be horizontal to the ground +/- like 5*

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it needs to be horizontal to the ground +/- like 5*
Ill keep that in mind thanks!

And ^^^ guess I wasn't tugging hard enough... Lol ill give t another go after jiu jitsu practice... Means I can drive the mustang :)))

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
Ill keep that in mind thanks!

And ^^^ guess I wasn't tugging hard enough... Lol ill give t another go after jiu jitsu practice... Means I can drive the mustang :)))
Let us know! It may be stiff but the whole bar rotates within the bushing. Otherwise the sway bar wouldn't work.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All Installed! For 100 less than JKS I'm glad I went with these. I see no problem with connecting and disconnecting like some people mention?

Also not having to zip tie anything when undisco woot woot

Attachments

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Teddy, be sure to check the torque after 2 weeks. One of mine loosened up considerably when I did my recheck. No problem since.
Also put a little Vaseline on the lower disconnect post. It'll make the lower link easier to disconnect. First time I used them after they were on for about 2 months I had to grab a wrench and tap the link off. Last time I was wheeling the urethane bushing easily came off the post because it was lightly greased.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts