Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So went mudding over the weekend and decided to not wash it. Went to school (high school) and had it parked in the parking lot while it was caked with mud. Schools out and on the way out to my jeep I caught some ***hole use to be friends drawing penis's and inappropriate words in the mud, so in the end I went to wash it all off and those pictures and words are now completely scratched into my paint, any cheap and easy way to get rid of these, tried rubbing compound and polisher but only faded them a little bit. Don't have access to a buffer and don't want to take it to a shop

·
Registered
29 Posts
So went mudding over the weekend and decided to not wash it. Went to school (high school) and had it parked in the parking lot while it was caked with mud. Schools out and on the way out to my jeep I caught some ***hole use to be friends drawing penis's and inappropriate words in the mud, so in the end I went to wash it all off and those pictures and words are now completely scratched into my paint, any cheap and easy way to get rid of these, tried rubbing compound and polisher but only faded them a little bit. Don't have access to a buffer and don't want to take it to a shop
Meguiars scratch x with a micro fiber towel. I used it in my neighbors car and it worked great

·
Registered
175 Posts
A buffer is really your cheapest and easiest real fix. I did body work at a dealership for 6 years and was (until it expired) ASE Master Certified in collision and refinishing. There's no easier fix than buffing, and a decent shop shouldn't charge much more than $100 for the buff.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I did the hood on mine which looked like someone had taken sandpaper to it (bad clearcoat oxidization) with Mequiars DA system that attaches to a drill. It turned out great so far! I went through all three steps (compound, glaze and wax.) I should put up pics that I took, it's a huge, huge difference.
Meguiar's : DA Power System

·
Registered
449 Posts
I did the hood on mine which looked like someone had taken sandpaper to it (bad clearcoat oxidization) with Mequiars DA system that attaches to a drill. It turned out great so far! I went through all three steps (compound, glaze and wax.) I should put up pics that I took, it's a huge, huge difference.
Meguiar's : DA Power System
I'd like to see those pics. Before and after. I have quite a bit of oxidation on the hood and was wondering what to do short of sanding and repainting. I don't need it perfect but...

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I'd like to see those pics. Before and after. I have quite a bit of oxidation on the hood and was wondering what to do short of sanding and repainting. I don't need it perfect but...

me too, the tops of my fenders look like a bag of ass!

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I did this awhile back it it was an amazing difference. Clay bar, Meguiar's rubbing compound, then polish. Nothing beats a DA polisher. The left side was just washed and you can see the oxidation. The right side is after clay bar and rubbing compound.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Is it insured against vandalism?

·
Registered
298 Posts
You should press charges against those high school retards

·
Registered
10,020 Posts
Its gonna need to be buffed. No need for a clay bar, your not trying to remove any contaminants. Wash it, tape off all the gaps then hit it with a Meguiars Solo wool cutting pad and some 105. Follow it up with a foam pad and some 205

·
Registered
507 Posts
I'd start with a baseball bat and/or tire iron on the perps knee caps. Then ask him which finger he used to create the artwork.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Its gonna need to be buffed. No need for a clay bar, your not trying to remove any contaminants. Wash it, tape off all the gaps then hit it with a Meguiars Solo wool cutting pad and some 105. Follow it up with a foam pad and some 205
^^ this guy paints for a living or a lot one or the other.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh trust me they'll get theirs coming soon, don't understand why people always have to somehow ruin someone else's fun in some way shape or form, but thanks for all the ideas and info! Going to borrow a buffer from a friend and get to work on it soon, thanks!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
These pics are the before (just cleaned, no shine at all, zero reflections, dry as a bone!) and the just after the compound only (three passes on the hood.)

Don't have pics, but ended up doing the whole Jeep with a coat or so as well to get rid of some of the worse scratches. I then put on a glaze that just made it a bit 'deeper' and wax on after to protect it... then it rained! :/

Pics are the same day, bit overcast all day during, about 3 hrs apart. We'll see how long it lasts now that it looks a lot better, though I do think the paint is screwed! ;)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts