Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Inappropriate paint scratches

2K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  IcarusLSC 
#1 ·
So went mudding over the weekend and decided to not wash it. Went to school (high school) and had it parked in the parking lot while it was caked with mud. Schools out and on the way out to my jeep I caught some ***hole use to be friends drawing penis's and inappropriate words in the mud, so in the end I went to wash it all off and those pictures and words are now completely scratched into my paint, any cheap and easy way to get rid of these, tried rubbing compound and polisher but only faded them a little bit. Don't have access to a buffer and don't want to take it to a shop

#6 ·
I'd like to see those pics. Before and after. I have quite a bit of oxidation on the hood and was wondering what to do short of sanding and repainting. I don't need it perfect but...

#17 ·
Oh trust me they'll get theirs coming soon, don't understand why people always have to somehow ruin someone else's fun in some way shape or form, but thanks for all the ideas and info! Going to borrow a buffer from a friend and get to work on it soon, thanks!

#20 ·
These pics are the before (just cleaned, no shine at all, zero reflections, dry as a bone!) and the just after the compound only (three passes on the hood.)

Don't have pics, but ended up doing the whole Jeep with a coat or so as well to get rid of some of the worse scratches. I then put on a glaze that just made it a bit 'deeper' and wax on after to protect it... then it rained! :/

Pics are the same day, bit overcast all day during, about 3 hrs apart. We'll see how long it lasts now that it looks a lot better, though I do think the paint is screwed! ;)

Attachments

#21 ·
Oh, I do have pics from the next day, rain stopped but still overcast, Jeep needed to be cleaned again already, lol... Joys of a black vehicle (I swore I'd never buy one for this very reason!) I don't like the stuff I put on the hardtop either, but at least that has washed off already lol ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.