Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to hear this when someone calls me.

I hear the phone ringtone over the radio and then the dreaded..

Incomin call from... blah blah blah.

Mean while I'm pressing the button and the person on the other end is waiting for me to pick up.

Is there anyway to turn this off or get rid of the message all together?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I hate to hear this when someone calls me.

I hear the phone ringtone over the radio and then the dreaded..

Incomin call from... blah blah blah.

Mean while I'm pressing the button and the person on the other end is waiting for me to pick up.

Yeah, I hate the delay of answering a call. Following to see if there are other options...

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Have you tried different phone prompt levels?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Following Post

I am also interested to know if you can turn it off.. It drives me crazy, I wish I could just press the phone button and automatically answer

·
Registered
16 Posts
Supposedly you can turn off the incoming call notification through the voice settings on the radio, but I turned mine off and I still get that annoying message. I'd be interested if someone was able to get it to turn off and stay off.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
I know there is a setup option for prompt levels, but honestly I never tried it. I actually want the "blah blah blah" so that I can decide if I am going to push answer or ignore.

At least for me, 90% of the time, its a telemarketer and I press ignore.

Reactions: Phynal

·
Registered
172 Posts
I find nothing more annoying then when I'm jamming tunes to be interrupted by the stupid "new text message" notification coming over the radio. If I turn the blue tooth off on my phone that stops it but I want Bluetooth on so I can make a hands free call. I don't need to be notified over my radio when I get a test message.

·
Registered
655 Posts

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
I find nothing more annoying then when I'm jamming tunes to be interrupted by the stupid "new text message" notification coming over the radio. If I turn the blue tooth off on my phone that stops it but I want Bluetooth on so I can make a hands free call. I don't need to be notified over my radio when I get a test message.
As stated, you can disable the text messaging prompt. I like the incoming call prompt because I run topless most of the year and either windows down or doors off, so a lot of the times I don't hear the phone.

·
Registered
421 Posts
odd experience last week: had Jeep up on rack for minor maintenance, and got the radio-blue tooth notice of 'incoming'.....was unable to speak to caller. I could hear them but not make connection so we could talk.

Was too slow to figure how to turn off my phone bluetooth before the call terminated. Odd that TWO calls both I would 'accept' happened during that brief period when on-the-rack.

Odd how ineffective and FAIL the DO NOT CALL list continues to be such a disappointment.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I may be wrong but I think I only get the " incoming call from blah blah, press uconnect phone button to answer" when it is a contact stored on my phone. Otherwise is just say "incoming call" I will try and delete my phone and repair, but not allow uconnect access to contacts....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Its very annoying. I would pay for a hack or update or something. I just think I should have the option to get rid of the message.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Before the latest Uconnect software update, I could press "ANSWER" in between the "incoming call from [HIT ANSWSER] [person's name - work]", then it would skip the whole "press Uconnect phone button to answer".

Since the upgrade... no chance. It has to play the full announcement. And yes, I have it download my address book so I can dial-out by name (call mom - home).

I have to wait a full 5 seconds for it to complete the announcement, which sucks considering that that's half the amount of time the phone allows before the call goes to voicemail, or the caller just hangs up.

Because of this frustrating annoyance, I'm considering deleting my phone and re-adding it without access to download the phone book.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Does anyone have the steps listed on how to actually turn the text message notification off. I went to the other thread someone listed and it was 48 pages of peoples frustrations. 😁

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
Does anyone have the steps listed on how to actually turn the text message notification off. I went to the other thread someone listed and it was 48 pages of peoples frustrations.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

And I wish I could get mine to turn on. My guess is not iPhone compatible.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts