Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting BFG KO2 34x10.5x17's on the stock JK rims.
No lift, yet (will add if needed)
I have flat fenders to install this weekend, got them because some of you said I might need them with the 34's, I like the flats anyway, so I got them!

Question 1 - When I install the flat fenders, I want to keep the wheel tubs, I know I'll have to trim them, but is there any reason not to keep them other than looks?

Question 2 - I asked my salesmen @ the dealer if they can recalibrate the speedometer for larger tires. I told me that they can. I seem to remember reading somewhere here that the largest the dealers can compensate for is 32s...is that correct? Can they also correct the tranny shift points like a ProCal can? I guess what I'm really asking, is should I skip the dealer part and just get a ProCal?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm putting BFG KO2 34x10.5x17's on the stock JK rims.
No lift, yet (will add if needed)
I have flat fenders to install this weekend, got them because some of you said I might need them with the 34's, I like the flats anyway, so I got them!

Question 1 - When I install the flat fenders, I want to keep the wheel tubs, I know I'll have to trim them, but is there any reason not to keep them other than looks?

Question 2 - I asked my salesmen @ the dealer if they can recalibrate the speedometer for larger tires. I told me that they can. I seem to remember reading somewhere here that the largest the dealers can compensate for is 32s...is that correct? Can they also correct the tranny shift points like a ProCal can? I guess what I'm really asking, is should I skip the dealer part and just get a ProCal?
If you can swing it, Id just get the procal. Plus u can do other things with it too. If the dealer is gonna charge u for recalibrating for larger tires, may as well spend a little more for procal. Good luck!

·
Registered
424 Posts
From what I hear, you will have very little issues with the "34" KO2s, apparently when mounted they measure out to around 32.5", given the width is only 10.5 inches you can easily run those with no lift and stock fenders. My cousin is running a true 33" measured mud terrain of same width with no lift and stock fenders with no rubbing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts