Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd share how my recent order went to make some of those who are waiting feel better. I've ordered other vehicles in the past but never experienced anything like this before.
9/12/12 Ordered my Wrangler from my dealer in Chillicothe, Ohio. I ordered a Black Wrangler S, Auto, Alpine, Hard top, Tow pkg, slush mats.
9/14/12 Received email saying the order was being processed and parts ordered
9/17/12 Received email saying parts received and scheduled for production
9/25/12 Received email saying order beginning to build
9/27/12 Received email saying vehicle built and in shipment
10/1/12 Received email from dealer saying vehicle delivered

That's 15 days from the day I ordered it to the day the build was complete, and 19 days from the day I ordered to the day it was delivered in Chillicothe Ohio.
Like I said I've ordered several vehicles over the years, although no Jeeps, and experienced anything from 4 weeks to 10 weeks. The company I work for makes several parts that go on the Wranglers, and I talk to the Quality and Engineering guys at the assembly plant almost every week. They are running the assembly line 20 hours a day, approx. 4,000 vehicles a week. So it might be a good time to order for someone thinking about it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Lucky dude. Mine's been sitting in the railyard almost that long. Still not scheduled to be at the dealer until Monday the 8th, but been sitting in a bay unloaded from the railcar since early last week.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Two week turns aren't uncommon. There were several last year. I think it all boils down to what they are building at the time and how closely it resembles what you ordered. If they've got a black Wrangler just like you want already in line and all they have to do is add the floormats it doesn't take long.

Ours was about 6 weeks order to delivery and we were happy with that. The previous two were 5 months and 7 months.

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Two week turns aren't uncommon. There were several last year. I think it all boils down to what they are building at the time and how closely it resembles what you ordered. If they've got a black Wrangler just like you want already in line and all they have to do is add the floormats it doesn't take long.

Ours was about 6 weeks order to delivery and we were happy with that. The previous two were 5 months and 7 months.
5 and 7 months is a long ass wait. :eek:

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
5 and 7 months is a long ass wait. :eek:
That's what happens when you order something that's limited production the day the order banks open and they don't even start production for several months after you order.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts